WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionFile Recovery rogue HDD infection - Page 1 EmptyRe: File Recovery rogue HDD infection

more_horiz
Also, which of the firewalls will be the least restrictive? This is my husband's computer and when I've tried firewalls in the past, he has complained about them. Would it be just as effective if we purchased the full version of Malwarebytes?

Third party firewalls can be very restrictive, especially when you first start using them. They are pretty much all the same but it's the price one must pay for the extra security. If you do on-line bank or other financial transactions on-line they are almost a must to protect your personal information and your money. If you don't, then the regular MS firewall will suffice especially in Vista and Windows 7. The full version of Malwarebytes is a good investment but no substitute for a firewall.

descriptionFile Recovery rogue HDD infection - Page 1 EmptyRe: File Recovery rogue HDD infection

more_horiz
Of the four firewalls listed, which do you recommend?

more_horiz
Of the four firewalls listed, which do you recommend?

They are all pretty much the same. I use Comodo and I find the only time it is intrusive is when I try to install a new program. So, I usually disable Comodo and enable the Windows firewall until the installation is completed.

more_horiz
Thanks for the input and sorry to be so late in responding but I had to leave for a trip. I will check out Comodo for his computer and see if it's something he can tolerate.

Again - thanks so much for all the help! You guys are the BEST!!!

more_horiz
You're welcome. Have a great summer.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum