WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionOS IS GONE! EmptyOS IS GONE!

more_horiz
Currently i am typing this from Asus's preOS expressgate thing, im lucky i still have internet access tbh.
Basically, this morning for no reason my laptop brings up windows recovery console, despite mine shutting it down correctly last night, and well, i figured it was nothing, and pressed enter to start windows normally, it gets to the microsoft corporation page and wont do anything, the green loading bar moves like normal, but the screen stays on it for what i assume to be an infinte amount of time.
I have tried many things, safe mode will not work, it loads system disks and gets to cysdisk.sys (i think) and then just gets stuck saying its loading...
I have tried to reboot the computer to when it last successfully booted, it does the same loading screen thing.
The windows recovery console states that it could be hardware or software change that has effected my laptop.
I have tried to create a disk with the OS recovery thing on so i can attempt to repair my laptop, but it boots from disk and then goes to that bloody microsoft loading page again!
Ive been trying to resolve the issue all day and im at my wits end, im seriously considering giving this thing a proper boot soon (straight out of the window)

For what is necessary my laptop is an Asus G51VX, running windows vista 64bit, the only updates i have done recently (in terms of hard/software) is an update to my nvidia GTX 260M driver, and its been fine for the past few days, i dont understand how i could have been browsing normally last night, and now this...
Please help

Last edited by megatails5 on 25th May 2012, 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

............................................................................................

OS IS GONE! Megatails5-sig-2

descriptionOS IS GONE! EmptyRe: OS IS GONE!

more_horiz
Are you sure it's booting to the Recovery Disk? Actually you need to boot to the REPAIR disk. Once you're booted to the REPAIR disk, you can get to the command prompt and run chkdsk /r.

more_horiz
well i have gone onto bios and set it to boot from cd/dvd, this still doesnt work, and i donot have a repair disk, where can i get one?

............................................................................................

more_horiz
If your machine didn't come with a repair disk, then you should have made one. They provide a utility to do that. Problem not many people realize that they need to make the disk. If there's a warning that the disk should be made, people usually just ignore it.

Back in your original post, you said that you tried to make one. Can you tell us what happened? I think on some machine, if you can boot to the recovery partition, you can make the Recovery and Repair disks.

more_horiz
i tried, i did infact create a recovery disk, and it booted, but instead of going to the choose language page, it merely went to the microsoft corp page.
None of the above makes a difference anymore, i decided to completely format the harddrive using microtools partition wizard, and well, long story short everything is gone, asus expressgate, any remnants of driver software, the OS, all gone.
Stupid it may have been, and i realise i should have created a backup, i dont care about my lost files, i just want a laptop that works. This brings me onto, my laptop is now empty, i have no installation disk and no software disks at all, this laptop came with everything pre-installed, now what can i do, i have told you the make/model of the machine, and Asus have been very unhelpful with their customer service, 8 pence a minute to be told to do things ive already tried! >Sad tearing god, i just want an OS, where and how can i get a 64bit vista OS, the driver software disk i know i can order as i have found an exact disk for my laptop (an import as my laptop is a US one). In terms of finding an OS though, what do i do?

more_horiz
oh, i have a product key on a sticker on the bottom of the laptop though, so i dont need a new product key cus i can use that one again right?

more_horiz
Ouch! The expensive route is to purchse Windows 7 and install it. However, since you already have the Product Key, you only need the disks. If you know someone who has a machine with the same version of Windows 7 as your machine, you can borrow their disks and try to install it.

However, there are probably drivers that you'll have to find afterward. Any software that came with your machine, like the ASUS CD creator, etc will probably not be installed.

I'd contact ASUS and ask them to send you the recovery disks. It'll probably cost less than $20 USD.

more_horiz
good idea, ill see if i can contact them, i know that a clean format is risky, but there was no fix, i tried everything, down to a partition tool which found a few parts of harddrive were damaged, the OS part was damaged, i tried everything and just decided to hell with it, but yeah ill need driver software and stuff, and also to borrow a disk, just gotta find someone! damn! well thanks for your help man, ill let you know if i manage to sort it or if something else comes up Smile...

more_horiz
Good luck. I think the best things to do is to order a set of disks from ASUS.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum