WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAMI HIJACKED?? OTL File 1 /3 - Page 1 EmptyAM I UN-HIJACKED ?? ;)

more_horiz
Cheers SuperDave, I owe you an ice cold Trois Pistoles Wink Cheers Mate

I Think these infections were propogated by an infected USB Broadband stick, with compromised firmware. i have another machine with similar infections, but i am just going to perform a clean install on that one.

There is a folder from the USB stick called Birdstep technology, Sub folder, easy connect that i cannot remove. i deleted the content files.
I deleted all the programes that were installed from the stick.

Do i need to purge the registry? is there a free registry clean uo tool?

I am currently using AVG Anti Virus 8.5 ver.
is this sufficiant or should i change AV ?
Any recomendations?

Thanks again for your help. Thank You!
Rory

descriptionAMI HIJACKED?? OTL File 1 /3 - Page 1 EmptyRe: AMI HIJACKED?? OTL File 1 /3

more_horiz
Do i need to purge the registry? is there a free registry clean uo tool?
I am currently using AVG Anti Virus 8.5 ver.
is this sufficiant or should i change AV ?
Any recomendations?

Please stay away from the registry. There's no need to do any cleaning there. As for AV's I prefer MicroSoft Security Essentials because it is not an resource hog like some others and it updates automatically with no hassles. It's free to all registered Windows users.

Panda USB and AutoRun Vaccine

Insert your flash drive before we begin. Hold down the Shift key when inserting the flash drive until Windows detects it to bypass the autorun feature. This will keep the autorun.inf from executing automatically.

Download Panda USB and AutoRun Vaccine and save it to your desktop.

* Extract (unzip) the file to your desktop and a folder named USBVaccine will be created.
* Open that folder and double-click on USBVaccine.exe to start the program.
* Click Run
* Click the button to Vaccinate computer.
* Insert your USB flash drive.
* When the name of the drive appears in the dialog box, click the button to Vaccinate USB drive(s).
* Exit Panda USB and AutoRun Vaccine when done.

Note: Computer AutoRun Vaccination will prevent any AutoRun file from running, regardless of whether the removable device is infected or not. USB Vaccination disables the autorun file so it cannot be read, modified or replaced by malicious code. The Panda Resarch Blog advises that once USB drives have been vaccinated, they cannot be reversed except with a format. If you do this, be sure to back up your data files first or they will be lost during the formatting process.
Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows Vista\Windows 7 - 64 bit Download
Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows XP
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum