WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHello from New User and..Can someone help w/redirect virus? EmptyHello from New User and..Can someone help w/redirect virus?

more_horiz
Hello,

If someone could offer some help with a redirect virus i would appreciate it greatly.

It redirects google searches to a search site out of Tempe, AZ.

It is on another laptop which i use for a children's street ministry. I am able to use this computer which is virus free to work from now but would like to clean ministry computer.
The infected computer has windows XP and avast internet security.
I tried Malwarebytes, and superantiviruse free edition with no results. I am unable to download programs on the infected computer. I downloaded tdsskiller and renamed as I read on this site. I saved on a flash drive and tried that on tghe infected computer. It found 1 threat and 6 items. When I went to copy to quarantine Avast popped up and said it blocked a Trojan. I wasn't fast enough to record what the Trojan was. In avast I saw the 6 quarantined files but the 1 threat wasn't there. Now when I try to run the tdsskiller it says can't find driver and when it runs it finds no threats. The redirect is stiill Hooray! Hooray! there though. I had also downloaded spybot, renamed and tried to run. the infected computer would not let it run.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Pastor Barry

descriptionHello from New User and..Can someone help w/redirect virus? EmptyRe: Hello from New User and..Can someone help w/redirect virus?

more_horiz
Welcome to GeekPolice! Smile...

Unfortunately I don't think we can help you. I believe this goes under the private sector of the terms of use. Most forums that provide free help are for home use only(you personally own the computer and it's not registered under an organizations name). There are a lot of legal issues that come with organizations and so forth.

The services and contents provided by GeekPolice are for private, non-commercial, single home computer use only. The use of our services within any company or for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.

http://www.GeekPolice.net/Terms-of-Service-h23.htm

An admin will have to chime in to confirm this.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum