WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionBSOD HELP! EmptyBSOD HELP!

more_horiz
https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=786A5682C795A834&id=786A5682C795A834!105

You should find the .dmp file there. I am getting -> Page Fault in Non Paged Area

I have no clue, but removing all the updates that have occurred automatically is impossible. My only guess is that
The hard drive is losing connection to the MB randomly. ( I have to wiggle the connecting data wire and power source after the crash )

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

descriptionBSOD HELP! EmptyRe: BSOD HELP!

more_horiz
I haven't read the dmp file. I probably won't understand it anyway.

You need to ensure that your hard drive connection is solid. After that I suggest that you check the disk for problems.

Assuming that you're on XP, here are directions for checking the hard drive:

Go to Start > Run and type in ‘chkdsk /r’ without the quotes than hit the ENTER key.

You should get a black window with white writing telling you that Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Type in ‘Y’ without the quotes to check the next time the system restarts. Hit the ENTER key and restart your computer.

Chkdsk will run and look for hard drive problem. It may take 30 minutes to a few hours depending on the size of your hard drive.

more_horiz
I have replaced the data connector wire, Run chkdsk /f and defragged the suspect 300g disk and continue to have the problem. There doesn't seem to be anything repeatable I can do to cause the BSOD to occur. Thanks for trying, can anyon else shed some light?

more_horiz
Next suggestion - if you have more than one memory (RAM) module, remove one at a time. BSOD are frequently caused by bad RAM.

more_horiz
Have 4 - 1gig sticks, ran extended Memtest on all 4 without any errors. Did them all singly, then as pairs, then as a total set.

more_horiz
I've had one instance where it wasn't until after 8 hours of running memtest until the problem was found. I knew there was a problem with one stick and wanted to prove that memtest could find it.

Bottom line: memtest may not find a problem unless it's run for several passes. Even then, there have been reports of memtest not finding problems. Best test is to operationally swap RAM.

more_horiz
Just uploaded the latest .dmp file to the URL in original post. They are not Zipped. My thanks to GPA Student, but instructions say to provide that information. Does anyone know how to read/interpret info they contain? I suppose it is possible for memory to fail suddenly, with the effects to be so random and the memtest to not detect it, but do not want to run my highly graphics intense programs without all the available RAM.

more_horiz
Update: I installed XP Professional 64 bit on a clean Hard Drive. It has been running without error for 4 days now. My XP home continues to get the BSOD randomly, will be ok for hours and/or 30 minutes and poof. The Error codes I get are headed by 0x00000050. Next set of 4 0X numbers stays the same for the last 3 sets, the 1st changes. Example: 0X00000050(0x8B91B000, 0x00000001, 0x80541678, 0x00000000) and
(0xB43EB000, 0x00000001, 0x80541678, 0x00000000) and
(0xB287B000, 0x00000001, 0x80541678, 0x00000000)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum