WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMicrosoft Is Giving Up on Windows EmptyMicrosoft Is Giving Up on Windows

more_horiz
Steve Bass learns that Microsoft has had it with Windows. Plus three free tools and lots of time wasters.

It's true: Microsoft has confirmed that it's abandoning Windows as we know it. Cagey as ever, the Microsofties won't say when it'll happen, but they have talked a little bit about what the next OS is going to look like--or not look like.

Microsoft code-named the project Midori. As best I can figure, it's cloud computing: Everything, including applications and data, is on the Internet.

What Exactly Is Midori?

My colleague Elizabeth Montalbano, with the IDG News Service, tried making some sense of it in "Microsoft Prepares for End of Windows With Midori" and Erik Larkin, our crackerjack OS and Web guy, has plenty to say in "Cloud Computing, Microsoft's Midori, and the End of Windows." There are also details--and speculation--in an SDTimes piece, "Microsoft's plans for post-Windows OS revealed."

Midori for Linux?

One of my smarter-than-me buddies, Gary F., told me that Linus Torvalds worked on something called Midori a few years ago, an embedded Linux for mobile devices: "I doubt Microsoft would ever release something that could be traced back to Linux, but if I recall correctly, Transmeta's Midori had some rudimentary 'cloud computing' features vaguely similar to Microsoft's Midori." Read "Details emerge on Transmeta's "Mobile Linux" and "Transmeta Exports Midori Linux to China" for details.

More: http://www.pcworld.com/article/149709/article.html?tk=nl_dnxnws

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Microsoft Is Giving Up on Windows Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionMicrosoft Is Giving Up on Windows EmptyRe: Microsoft Is Giving Up on Windows

more_horiz
sounds interesting... thank you for the news

descriptionMicrosoft Is Giving Up on Windows EmptyRe: Microsoft Is Giving Up on Windows

more_horiz
Money doesn't buy happpiness. LMBO or ROFL
I'm guessing the next OS won't much better.

more_horiz
This sounds interesting... I hope it will be.

more_horiz
Cool... This is something new.

............................................................................................

RAW!!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum