WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionwin32/Tojan infection - pls help Emptywin32/Tojan infection - pls help

more_horiz
Hi,

This is my first time so please bear with me. Last week on Friday my computer strated running really slow and I kept getting pop ups from my security software. Shortly after I wasnt able to use internet at all as it kept coming up wuth note stating Explorer has stopped working. looking for solution ....
I have read and followed the New Members guide and posted my findings below in hope that someone can help me with this problem please.
Many thanks in advance.
Hope to hear from you guys soon.
Keep up the great work!
Here are my findings:
aswMBR version 0.9.8.986 Copyright(c) 2011 AVAST Software
Run date: 2011-09-26 08:15:14
08:16:17.766 Scan finished successfully
08:16:57.483 Disk 0 MBR has been saved successfully to "C:\Users\Desktop\MBR.dat"
08:16:57.515 The log file has been saved successfully to "C:\Users\Desktop\aswMBRlog.txt"

Last edited by idontlikeit on 27th September 2011, 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionwin32/Tojan infection - pls help EmptyRe: win32/Tojan infection - pls help

more_horiz

< End of report >

Last edited by idontlikeit on 27th September 2011, 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionwin32/Tojan infection - pls help EmptyRe: win32/Tojan infection - pls help

more_horiz
checkup.txt
Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.18
Windows Vista Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer 8
``````````````````````````````
Antivirus/Firewall Check:

Windows Security Center service is not running! This report may not be accurate!
Windows Firewall Disabled!
ESET Smart Security
WMI entry may not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update.
```````````````````````````````
Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:

Adobe Flash Player 10.3.181.26
````````````````````````````````
Process Check:
objlist.exe by Laurent

Windows Defender MSASCui.exe
Windows Defender MSASCui.exe
``````````End of Log````````````

more_horiz
Hello.

Please download ComboFix win32/Tojan infection - pls help Combofix from BleepingComputer.com

Alternate link: GeeksToGo.com

Rename ComboFix.exe to commy.exe before you save it to your Desktop

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools A guide to do this can be found here
  • Click Start then copy paste the following command into the search box & hit enter: "%userprofile%\desktop\commy.exe" /stepdel
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. This will not install in Vista. Just continue scanning, and skip the console install.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the contents of C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
win32/Tojan infection - pls help DXwU4
win32/Tojan infection - pls help VvYDg

more_horiz
Hi Belahzur, Thank you for you guidance thus far - here are the results as per youComboFix 11-09-26.01 - 26/09/2011 19:20:08.1.2 - x86
Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium - - End Of File - - E33D130C503FE39A9229743454D64CB4
r instructions:

Last edited by idontlikeit on 27th September 2011, 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Run ESET Online Scan
Please do an online scan with ESET Online Scanner. Please use Internet Explorer as it uses ActiveX.

• Check (tick) this box: YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  • Click on the Start button next to it.
  • When prompted to run ActiveX. click Yes.
  • You will be asked to install an ActiveX. Click Install.
  • Once installed, the scanner will be initialized.
  • After the scanner is initialized, click Start.
  • Check (tick) Remove found threats box.
  • Check (tick) Scan unwanted applications.
  • Click on Scan.
  • It will start scanning. Please be patient.
  • Once the scan is done, the log will be saved here: C:\Program Files\esetonlinescanner\log.txt.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
win32/Tojan infection - pls help DXwU4
win32/Tojan infection - pls help VvYDg

more_horiz
Hi Belahzur,

thank you so,so,so much for helping me out with this one. I ran the scan and it came back clear. Tested the machine and it's working likea a dream again.

Thanks again.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum