WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionRemoving Win32/agent.SDG.Gen trojan - Page 1 EmptyRe: Removing Win32/agent.SDG.Gen trojan

more_horiz
Hi Dave, I just ran the AVP tool and it didn't seem to pick up anything. I also ran the mrt.exe and that didn't pick up anything as well.
Is it safe to assume that the trojan is well and truly gone/deleted?

descriptionRemoving Win32/agent.SDG.Gen trojan - Page 1 EmptyRe: Removing Win32/agent.SDG.Gen trojan

more_horiz
manutd_20 wrote:
Hi Dave, I just ran the AVP tool and it didn't seem to pick up anything. I also ran the mrt.exe and that didn't pick up anything as well.
Is it safe to assume that the trojan is well and truly gone/deleted?

Are you still receiving the warning from ESET?

more_horiz
Sadly yes. Maybe I should change AV? If NOD32 can't delete the virus then maybe another AV can do the job. What do you think?

more_horiz
Did you try run SAS and MBAM to scan that drive?

I'd like to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan

•Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
ESET OnlineScan
•Click the Removing Win32/agent.SDG.Gen trojan - Page 1 EsetOnline button.
•For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)

• Click on Removing Win32/agent.SDG.Gen trojan - Page 1 EsetSmartInstall to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the Removing Win32/agent.SDG.Gen trojan - Page 1 EsetSmartInstallDesktopIcon-1 icon on your desktop.

•Check Removing Win32/agent.SDG.Gen trojan - Page 1 EsetAcceptTerms
•Click the Removing Win32/agent.SDG.Gen trojan - Page 1 EsetStart button.
•Accept any security warnings from your browser.
•Check Removing Win32/agent.SDG.Gen trojan - Page 1 EsetScanArchives
•Push the Start button.
•ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
•When the scan completes, push Removing Win32/agent.SDG.Gen trojan - Page 1 EsetListThreats
•Push Removing Win32/agent.SDG.Gen trojan - Page 1 EsetExport, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
•Push the Removing Win32/agent.SDG.Gen trojan - Page 1 EsetBack button.
•Push Removing Win32/agent.SDG.Gen trojan - Page 1 EsetFinish
A log file will be saved here: C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Online Scanner\log.txt

more_horiz
I have done the ESET Online Scanner, and nothing was detected. There was no list of found threats so I couldn't post anything here.

I have ran the SAS and MBAM on the drive and found nothing. I also ran SAS and MBAM on the OS drive and found nothing as well.
I think I will try and redo the steps that you gave me at the beginning and go through it one by one.

I just tried and search for the trojan inside registry and I couldn't find it.
A. Is it possible that the trojan is well and truly gone/deleted? or
B. Is it also possible that the trojan has another name?

more_horiz
Is it possible that the trojan is well and truly gone/deleted? or
B. Is it also possible that the trojan has another name?.

If you're still receiving the warning from your AV, it must be still there.

more_horiz
Hi again, today I repeated the steps mentioned at the beginning of this thread and still no luck.
I still get the red box saying that Win32/Agent.SDG.Gen is detected. NOD32 still can't delete it. I've ran Kaspersky virus removal which took over 10 hours to do, and still the same result.
I've searched in the registry and it's not there. I'm thinking that this could be a false positive, but I don't want to take any chances.
I feel like I'm at a dead end Sad tearing

more_horiz
This is strange because none of the scanners we've used has picked up this particular file. Let's try this. Download, install and activate MSE. Disable your present AV program and run a full scan with MSE and see if it picks up anything.
Make sure that you select the correct AV for your computer.

Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows Vista\Windows 7 - 64 bit Download

more_horiz
I just ran MSE and it didn't detect anything.
Now I'm thinking maybe I should do a clean install.

more_horiz
I have a couple more suggestions. Please try running MRT. If it's not included in Windows 7, you can download it here.
My second suggestion is that you use MSE for a few days as your AV and see what happens

* Go to Start > Run and type mrt.exe then press Enter on the keyboard).
* (Vista and Windows 7 users go to Start and type mrt.exe in the search box then press Enter on the keyboard.
* Click Next.
* Choose Full Scan and click Next.
* Once the scan is finished click View detailed results of the scan.

Look through the list and let me know if anything was found infected.

more_horiz
I just finished the scan, and nothing was found. It's clean and this is what I don't understand. Clearly NOD32 picks up the trojan, but yet it's not in the system.

more_horiz
I just finished the scan, and nothing was found. It's clean and this is what I don't understand. Clearly NOD32 picks up the trojan, but yet it's not in the system. .

It could be a false-positive from NOD32. Did you try a few days with MSE?

more_horiz
I am now trying MSE. I will let you know if there is anything MSE picks up.

more_horiz
I have ran MSE for 2 days, and still nothing. So I decided to format my HDD and do a clean install of Windows 7.
That fixed the problem. The trojan is no longer detected.
Thank you Superdave for all your help Thank You!
I really appreciate it Smile...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum