WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionThink I have this:  C__WINDOWS_EXPLORER.EXE.ndb_ndb.bak - Page 1 EmptyRe: Think I have this: C__WINDOWS_EXPLORER.EXE.ndb_ndb.bak

more_horiz
Contents of Avenger Logfile

Logfile of The Avenger Version 2.0, (c) by Swandog46
http://swandog46.geekstogo.com

Platform: Windows XP

Script file opened successfully.
Script file read successfully.

Backups directory opened successfully at C:\Avenger

Beginning to process script file:

Rootkit scan active.
No rootkits found!

Error: file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\743a382c.sys" not found!
Deletion of file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\743a382c.sys" failed!
--> the object does not exist

Error: file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\1bee618f.sys" not found!
Deletion of file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\1bee618f.sys" failed!

Error: registry key "\Registry\Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\743a382c" not found!
Deletion of driver "743a382c" failed!

Error: registry key "\Registry\Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\1bee618f" not found!
Deletion of driver "1bee618f" failed!

Completed script processing.

Finished! Terminate.

descriptionThink I have this:  C__WINDOWS_EXPLORER.EXE.ndb_ndb.bak - Page 1 EmptyRe: Think I have this: C__WINDOWS_EXPLORER.EXE.ndb_ndb.bak

more_horiz
Bump

Next steps please Smile...

more_horiz
Sorry for the long delay, been super busy.

Any difference to the machine lately?

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Think I have this:  C__WINDOWS_EXPLORER.EXE.ndb_ndb.bak - Page 1 DXwU4
Think I have this:  C__WINDOWS_EXPLORER.EXE.ndb_ndb.bak - Page 1 VvYDg

more_horiz
Hi Belahzur

Likewise. Funny how life can suddenly change.

Had been out of work for a couple of months. Now back in full time employment and very strangely for me met a lovely lovely lady.

Puter time is currently almost zero.

Sorted out the Heat issues I had. now sitting at a steady 38-41C under 100% loading and re-clocked to 3715MHZ. At Base 3333MHZ it runs at a beautiful 32C under 100% load. Basically replaced the fan because I realized that it had become very noisy. So concluded that the bearings may have been breaking down. That also sorted out the MHZ issue I was having. Think the MB was automatically reducing the speed in an effort to reduce the temperature.

Manufacturer replaced the MB and this is now stable.

Puter is not behaving properly. Not sure what is wrong. Java is screwing around with quite a few things on the machine. Uninstalled and re-installed several times to no avail.

Thinking that I may have to have a dual boot system one for when I need to use programs dependent on Java and one for programs which Java is interfering with.

Did find a Java virus which may have started all this off. It was neatly tucked away in one of my mail archives which didn't get scanned regularly. What I don't get though is how it managed to slip past my Anti Virus which gets updated on a daily basis automatically.

Which brings me back to the title of the thread:

C__WINDOWS_EXPLORER.EXE.ndb_ndb.bak This is still lodged in my Anti Virus folder. Is it a rootkit?

Still don't know if I had a rootkit or not though?

Advise would be good.

Thanks and take care.

more_horiz
If it's in an antivirus folder, it's a quarantine, it's harmless and you can delete it.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Think I have this:  C__WINDOWS_EXPLORER.EXE.ndb_ndb.bak - Page 1 DXwU4
Think I have this:  C__WINDOWS_EXPLORER.EXE.ndb_ndb.bak - Page 1 VvYDg

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum