WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSystem Recovery Virus - Page 1 EmptyRe: System Recovery Virus

more_horiz
Hello,

I have removed the three programs but, trying to download java to my desktop has failed.

At around 2% the message:
"Internet Explorer cannot download jre-7-windows-i586.exe from download.oracle.com. The connection with the server was reset"

I haven't downloaded Adobe Reader X yet as I wasn't sure if the downloads needed to be done in a specific order.

Firefox... I don't use it so do I need to reinstall it?

Regards,
Carol

more_horiz
Hello.
Hmm, try downloading Java 7 again, could of been a server issue with oracle.

If you don't use Firefox, uninstall it.

You can install Adobe Reader X whenever, they don't need to be done in order.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
System Recovery Virus - Page 1 DXwU4
System Recovery Virus - Page 1 VvYDg

more_horiz
Oh dear... I've tried to save Java to desktop again and download Adobe but both have failed.

I'm sorry this is proving so much of a problem... is there anything else I can do?

Carol

more_horiz
Hi, I've just tried to log in in safe mode to download and install Java and Adobe but that didn't work either. Internet just hangs - it's not the connection, that's fine.

Do you have any further suggestions or do you think I'm looking at starting from scratch?

Regards,
Carol

more_horiz
Hi,

I know you are busy and I'm sorry to press, but since this problem has been ongoing since 6th September, I'm wondering if it is looking likely that I will have to reinstall the operating system? Or do you have any other suggetions?

You have helped me once before and I will be more than happy to make a donation, but I struggling without the full use of my pc as I sometimes use it for work.

Many thanks,
Carol

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum