WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionBlue Screen w/ disk read error EmptyBlue Screen w/ disk read error

more_horiz
Here is the link to SkyDrive - https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=26d0523f6c373615&sc=documents&uc=1&id=26D0523F6C373615%21102#

I am working on a friend's computer and it runs fine if all your doing is using it for the web. As soon as I try to load a program it freezes and will sometimes go the blue screen with the disk read error or will just freeze until I restart it.

For instance, I was trying to download the new windows update and it will get almost to the end and then freeze. Also tried loading AVG and it would freeze halfway through everytime. I thought he had malware so I tried running running OTL to start a thread and it would also freeze completely. So I don't know if this is a malware issue or disk read error or combination.

Thank you!

descriptionBlue Screen w/ disk read error EmptyRe: Blue Screen w/ disk read error

more_horiz
Have you tried to run OTL in safe mode??

To Start computer in Safe Mode
  • As your computer is booting from restart tap the F8 key until you get the Safe Mode menu.
    Note: If the Windows Start up screen comes up, you need to try again
  • Use up arrows to choose Safe Mode with networking.
  • Click Enter
    Note: If you are still are unable to get into safe mode after several tries. You can also turn off your computer as it is booting. When the computer is restarted Windows should automatically notice the computer did not start up correctly and give you the start menu.

If you are in doubt about malware being on the machine and just want someone to look at it.
Please read here
Then post in the malware forum here
One of the awesome techs will help you as soon as they can!

............................................................................................

If we have helped you, Please consider helping us,  make a donation.

Helping fight malware. Blue Screen w/ disk read error Sac

descriptionBlue Screen w/ disk read error EmptyRe: Blue Screen w/ disk read error

more_horiz
I haven't tried that yet, but the computer is freezing all the time and is now coming up with black screen that says there are inconsistencies in the disck and runs a disk check. I don't think it is malware issue.

more_horiz
Thank you for answering I have switched to Virus/Malware forum.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum