WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionComputer was infected, did a system restore but things still not quite right. - Page 2 EmptyRe: Computer was infected, did a system restore but things still not quite right.

more_horiz
I am experiencing no issues at this time as long as we use google chrome. With IE, Facebook is very choppy when scrolling. Email on MSN wasn't opening up all the time and some video links weren't working. I don't know if this is a cause for concern or if I just need to use Google Chrome in the future.

descriptionComputer was infected, did a system restore but things still not quite right. - Page 2 EmptyRe: Computer was infected, did a system restore but things still not quite right.

more_horiz
Hi,

See if this helps:

Please download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start
    button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp
    files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute
    or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

............................................................................................

I'm livin' life in the fast lane.

more_horiz
I did run this...not sure if it made a difference or not. Facebook is still very choppy on IE only. And Google Chrome loads everything almost instantly whereas IE takes a few seconds.

more_horiz
IE is always that way. Chrome is just a faster browser and you have gotten used to the speed of Chrome.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
So before this thread is closed. What do you recommend I install on my computer for protection? Obviously what I have is not sufficient since I think this is my 3rd problem in a year. I have the free version of AVG 2011 and the free version of MalWarebytes Anti-malware.

more_horiz
AVG should suffice. Remember don't install more than 1 antivirus.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum