WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionStill worried that  have a keylogger - Page 1 EmptyRe: Still worried that have a keylogger

more_horiz
Hello,
When I tried to open the java console in the control panel I get "system cannot find the file specified c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\javacpl.exe"
In seach cannot find the file"jqs.exe" for the java quick starter.
But I found javacpl.exe in a bin folder in java updates in c:\program files/common files?
There were a lot of files in this area including zip files.
Before I started this topic with you I did as asked and downloaded javara and used the delete old programs option. Has that made a difference. perhaps try and get rid of all Java and start again.
Sorry this is becoming a long topic for you.
Thankyou duke2

descriptionStill worried that  have a keylogger - Page 1 EmptyRe: Still worried that have a keylogger

more_horiz
Hello
"Bump"

more_horiz
Okay, how is the machine running now anyway?

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Still worried that  have a keylogger - Page 1 DXwU4
Still worried that  have a keylogger - Page 1 VvYDg

more_horiz
Hello
The machine seems to be working fine, no strange happenings, apart from the issue with the Java I told you about.
Is it worth a try to uninstall Java and then re install it?

Very glad you said that you had found nothing Bad lurkin in the background getting my details etc; that was my main concern

thankyou for your help.

more_horiz
No, leave the Java as it is. Do you still get the error on startup?

............................................................................................

more_horiz
Hello,
Ok Java stay as it is.
The only "error" message I have ever had is when I tried to uninstall Java 6 update 24 while deleting all the other updates you told me to remove in control panel.
The computer seems fine, "Thankyou" but you have never told me what problems I had if any.
But now one more problem this morning....Combo-fix icon on my desk top I double clicked it, not realising that the program would start working(I thought I would get a window to look at)It told me that Norton was running so I disabled that, but Combo-fix wanted to download a update, So I closed the program. Then I noticed that the icon was missing off the Desktop, but I found it in windows explorer, The Icon had changed to a MY Computer Icon I when clicked it showed all the drives as if it was a computer Icon. So I tried roll back using system restore, I tried 3 different dates but the computer would not roll back to the dates asked for, It stated that no files had been changed, and to try other roll back dates. I did not want to go back to where Combo-fix had created a restore point. So I deleted Combo-fix into the bin then emptied the bin.
The computer is working fine.
Sorry about this latest thing
Duke2

more_horiz
No problem, delete Combofix.

The machine looks fine, so if no problems, then your good to go.

more_horiz
Hello,
Thankyou for all your help.
It is OK to use the Cleanup thats on OTL to Cleanup!!!
Once again thankyou
Regards

Duke2

more_horiz
Nah, that just removes any tools we use, but they've gone anyway.

more_horiz
Hi,
Ok I guess that it for now

Thankyou again

Duke2

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum