WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionre: Livingston Cole - InternetExplorerUpdate.exe Emptyre: Livingston Cole - InternetExplorerUpdate.exe

more_horiz
Hi,

Re:InternetExplorerUpdate.exe / Livingstone Cole

I’m a UK IT tech and I’ve just clobbered this nastly little beast for someone today and am currently towards the end of cleaning up the mess it has left behind.

Firstly, rest easy, your data files are still all there – the infection has just changed the folder attributes of your Documents & Settings folders to ‘read only’ and ‘hidden’ – so that you can’t see them!

The most difficult thing will be finding each folder that has been changed and then resetting the attributes. You do this by right clicking the folders and changing the properties – this is a task potentially fraught with difficulties so I hope others on the forum will help you with that task - I’ve not found any tool yet today that will reverse that particular action of the infection.

First rid yourself of the actual infection:

The kaspersky free virus tool has done a really good job where many other tools have failed – download it from here and run it in safe mode.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Kaspersky-Virus-Removal-Tool.shtml

Then do an mbam scan, then run your normal antivirus.

Best of luck, I’ll try to keep an eye on this post but I’m afraid I’m up to my ears in work at the mo.

Cheers Chris

descriptionre: Livingston Cole - InternetExplorerUpdate.exe EmptyRe: re: Livingston Cole - InternetExplorerUpdate.exe

more_horiz
Sorry, but we only allow qualified people to post help here.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
re: Livingston Cole - InternetExplorerUpdate.exe DXwU4
re: Livingston Cole - InternetExplorerUpdate.exe VvYDg
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum