WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHow do I return windows to "out of box" state EmptyHow do I return windows to "out of box" state

more_horiz
I have a couple computers I recently acquired from a death in the family. Two have windows vista and the other has windows 7. I want to return them to the original "out of box" state so the people who get them, go through the whole first boot up process as if it was a new computer. Is there a way to do that without loosing all programs (anti-virus, anti-malware, open office) and without any disks? I would like to try and do this without restoring the computer back to factory defaults.

............................................................................................

Life is extremely short.... One VERY long day at a time. Can't Believe It

descriptionHow do I return windows to "out of box" state EmptyRe: How do I return windows to "out of box" state

more_horiz
Hi.Smile...

No. The only option is a factory reset which depends on the manufacture and if it has a recovery partition. As far as I'm aware there is no way to do this. Correct me if I'm wrong.Smile...

descriptionHow do I return windows to "out of box" state EmptyRe: How do I return windows to "out of box" state

more_horiz
I thought it might be possible because when a company gets computers, they put all the stuff (bloatware) on it then put it back to that out of the box or first start up state for the customer. Maybe it's a special disk needed from microsoft of something. Thanks for the response Buttons.

............................................................................................

Life is extremely short.... One VERY long day at a time. Can't Believe It

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum