WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionNeed help missing Heuristis module???? EmptyNeed help missing Heuristis module????

more_horiz
i cant get the think point off my lab top and i cant get on the internet it says the databae update failed and outdated viruses database are not effective and cant guarantee adequate protection and securty for my pc ????????????? i have know idea on what do also says im missing heristic modules??
and it wont let me go on the computer
?

descriptionNeed help missing Heuristis module???? EmptyRe: Need help missing Heuristis module????

more_horiz
Hi Jessica and welcome to GeekPolice!

I am Gabethebabe and I will be helping you with this issue. Before we start some general remarks/rules:
  • Whilst I´m helping you, please follow my instructions carefully and do not experiment on your own.
  • Feel free to ask questions! Especially if my instructions are not clear. I´m here to help, not confuse you.
  • I will try and respond quickly, but please understand I do have a real life (job, wife, 3 kids, kinky hobbies).
  • Stick with me till the end! If your computer starts running better, doesn´t mean it is clean yet!

====================

Careful now, thinkpoint is a rogue security program. For an explanation of this term you can consult e.g. Wikipedia. Whatever you do, do not buy a license for this program. If you already did, you have been scammed. In that case I suggest you contact your financial institution and see if you can revert the payment.

The first thing we are going to do is try and temporarily disable the rogue, to get rid of all the fake virus alerts and clear the path for our antivirus tools. For this we use RKill.

====================

Please download RKill by Grinler from Download Mirror #1 and save it to your desktop.
Download Mirror #1 (rkill.exe)
Download Mirror #2 (rkill.scr)
Download Mirror #3 (rkill.com)
Download Mirror #4 (WiNlOgOn.exe)
Download Mirror #5 (uSeRiNiT.exe)
Download Mirror #6 (iExplore.exe)
Download Mirror #7 (eXplorer.exe)

• Double click the RKill desktop icon (rightclick > Run as Administrator for Vista/WIN7).
  • A black screen will briefly flash indicating a successful run.
  • If this does not occur please delete that application and try using Mirror #2
  • Continue process until the tool runs.
  • Important: RKill only temporarily disables the malware. If you reboot the computer, it will be active again. So do not reboot until we kill the infection.

If you managed to disable Think Point, continue with the next step without rebooting. If all attempts to run rkill and disable Think Point fail, let me know!

====================

Please download OTL by OldTimer from here and save it to your Desktop.
  • Close all windows and double click OTL.exe.
  • Make sure the Extra Registry option is set to Use SafeList
  • Click the Run Scan button and allow it to run.
  • It will produce two logs for you, OTL.txt and Extras.txt. Please post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

Good luck!

descriptionNeed help missing Heuristis module???? EmptyRe: Need help missing Heuristis module????

more_horiz
but how can i download it on my lap top when i can't get the internet to work from the labtop

more_horiz
Jessica27 wrote:
but how can i download it on my lap top when i can't get the internet to work from the labtop

That is a problem.
Are you able to get to any other (clean) computer, download 2-3 versions of rkill and download OTL as well, save them to a USB memory stick (or burn them to a CD) and move them to the infected computer?
(NOTE: if you use a USB memory stick, if possible, set it to read-only before plugging it into the infected computer, to be more safe)

That would be the best, I think. Please let me know if that is possible!

Here are the download links again for the tools I would like to use:

Download Mirror #1 (rkill.exe)
Download Mirror #2 (rkill.scr)
Download Mirror #3 (rkill.com)

OTL

If that works, please follow the instructions in my first post and get back here with the results.

more_horiz
Jessica, any progress yet? Do you still require my services? I will up this topic once for you to avoid it sliding into oblivion.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum