WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionYoutube video buffering and general Internet slowness EmptyYoutube video buffering and general Internet slowness

more_horiz
So this problem has actually happened before, it tends to happen maybe once a month or at least once in a while. What will happen is; I will click on a Youtube video and it will start buffering. Then after it's loaded maybe one minute of it, it will stop buffering. However if I move the cursor past the place where it stopped buffering, then it will start buffering from there and then stop again after another (roughly) minutes worth.
Also everytime this happens the internet in general gets noticably slower, sometimes it just hangs there until I hit refresh.

To save some time, here is what I have tried to do to solve the problem:

I primarily use Firefox but tried IE as well and same result. I deleted all cookies and history etc from both browsers. I used Command prompt to flush my DNS Cache. I then Rebooted my laptop (specs below) and router.

I thought it might be do with traffic and on-peak hours but this started happening at about 1am Irish time so I could consider that off-peak and that's when it actually started.

Laptop: Acer Aspire 5741G
3GBRAM
250GB HDD
Intel Core i3 clocking in at 2.13GHz
Using Windows 7 64-bit.

Any other required info please ask.

Anyone know what might be the problem?

descriptionYoutube video buffering and general Internet slowness EmptyRe: Youtube video buffering and general Internet slowness

more_horiz
For YouTube buffering issues, right-click on every video you watch, and click Settings. Then, uncheck Enable Hardware Acceleration.

Then, while in your YouTube account, hover over your name in the top right hand corner and click Account.

Click Playback Setup on the left. Then, fill in the circle on the left of the following phrase: I have a slow connection. Never play higher-quality video.
Click Save Changes.

Did this help?

descriptionYoutube video buffering and general Internet slowness EmptyRe: Youtube video buffering and general Internet slowness

more_horiz
DragonMaster Jay wrote:
For YouTube buffering issues, right-click on every video you watch, and click Settings. Then, uncheck Enable Hardware Acceleration.

Then, while in your YouTube account, hover over your name in the top right hand corner and click Account.

Click Playback Setup on the left. Then, fill in the circle on the left of the following phrase: I have a slow connection. Never play higher-quality video.
Click Save Changes.

Did this help?

No unfortunately this did not work.

Maybe it's an ISP issue, It's happened a few times before and it after day or maybe a few days its just goes back to normal, but I'm just trying to make sure that's not something else that could be fixed.

more_horiz
Do you know what your internet speed is?

Go to Speedtest.net and do a test, and then post the forum embed code back here so I can see what your internet speeds are.

more_horiz
DragonMaster Jay wrote:
Do you know what your internet speed is?

Go to Speedtest.net and do a test, and then post the forum embed code back here so I can see what your internet speeds are.

Youtube video buffering and general Internet slowness 1157643215 - This is what I got, I'm with Perlico (8MB) but found out a while back that I'm quite far away from the exchange so I dont get the speeds I should be getting.

more_horiz
Looks all fine to me. Odd.

Try cleaning temp files and see if the problem persists:

Please download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start
    button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp
    files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute
    or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

more_horiz
DragonMaster Jay wrote:
Looks all fine to me. Odd.

Try cleaning temp files and see if the problem persists:

Please download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start
    button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp
    files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute
    or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

It didn't help with the buffering - I think it loads a bit more but that's about it. However I'm noticing a much sharper response from the internet in general like it doesn't seem to be a slow as it was. Not sure if that was a direct result of the temp cleaner or just a coicidence, though.

more_horiz
Do you know what your internet speed? Just visit here. ip-details.com confirm your internet speed maybe your internet download speed is low. That's why you had this problem.

more_horiz
I already went through that issue - see post 5 above - My internet speed was decent. The problem is not there anymore but it comes back every once in a while like once every month or two. I just wanted to see if it was a problem on my end but looks as though it's an ISP problem due to bad distance from my exchange or something related to that.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum