WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionapplication cannot be executed. the file is infected Emptyapplication cannot be executed. the file is infected

more_horiz
hi there,
i was trying to download some games last night and ive downloaded this nasty virus. its not letting me open any application. not even norton antivirus. i cant open any internet browsers. ive tried to open IE, CHROME, FIREFOX. it keeps on displaying "internet explorer warning- visitng this web site may harm your computer." and it asks me to purchase for secure internet surfing :-( Im posting this from my brothers computer. It would be great if i can get some help to remove the virus. i dont want to lose my files/data. so i didnt try factory reboot. thanks.

descriptionapplication cannot be executed. the file is infected EmptyRe: application cannot be executed. the file is infected

more_horiz
Hello.

Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
application cannot be executed. the file is infected DXwU4
application cannot be executed. the file is infected VvYDg

descriptionapplication cannot be executed. the file is infected EmptyRe: application cannot be executed. the file is infected

more_horiz
hi thanks for ur prompt reply. just letting you know that im not good with computers. how do i download the otl. i cant go to the internet from the infected computer. so i cant click on the link :-(

more_horiz
hi there,
im desperate..i booted in safe mode and system restored it to last week (i think). do u think i still should follow the steps to make sure im out of danger.

more_horiz
Yes please.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
application cannot be executed. the file is infected DXwU4
application cannot be executed. the file is infected VvYDg

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum