WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSecurity Shield Virus EmptySecurity Shield Virus

more_horiz
I need help in removing this virus, security shield....my son downloaded it (who knows what he was looking at) and now it is popping up all the time. Since this computer is used by my younger children I don't want this popup to download showing up or one of them will certainly click it. Thank you so much for your help Smile...

descriptionSecurity Shield Virus EmptyRe: Security Shield Virus

more_horiz
Please visit this webpage for a tutorial on downloading and running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

See the area: Using ComboFix, and when done, post the log back here.

more_horiz
It will not let me open this program on the infected computer....it brings up this error message 'ComboFix.exe' is infected by 'Backdoor.win32.small.cz' Then it asks me if I want to register my copy of Security Shield. It would not let me get on the bleepingcomputers website so I downloaded ComboFix to my other computer and put it on a zipdrive and pulled it over that way but it will not run. Now what do I do?

more_horiz
Please download and run RKill.

Download mirror 1 - Download mirror 2 - Download mirror 3

• Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click the RKill desktop icon.
  • It will quickly run and launch a log. If it does not launch a log, try another download link until it does.
  • Please post its log in your next reply.
  • After it has run successfully, delete RKill.

Note: This tool only kills the active infection, the actual infection will not be gone. Once you reboot the infection will be active again! Please do not reboot until instructed further to do so.

Then, try ComboFix again.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum