WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionRemoved Trojan infection with malware bytes. Still unable to websites on Firefox - Page 1 EmptyRe: Removed Trojan infection with malware bytes. Still unable to websites on Firefox

more_horiz
I'm not sure I can do this step because, as I said before, I can't connect to the internet on the infected computer. I've been using another computer to download the software and then transfer it onto the infected computer. If there's an alternate option, please let me know.

descriptionRemoved Trojan infection with malware bytes. Still unable to websites on Firefox - Page 1 EmptyRe: Removed Trojan infection with malware bytes. Still unable to websites on Firefox

more_horiz
Hello.
Try this, let me know if it works or not.

Remove the Proxy setting in Internet Explorer and/or in FireFox.

In Internet Explorer
  1. Tools Menu -> Internet Options -> Connections Tab ->Lan Settings > uncheck "use a proxy server" or reconfigure the Proxy server again in case you have set it previously.

In Firefox
  1. Tools Menu -> Options... -> Advanced Tab -> Network Tab -> "Settings" under Connection > Choose "No Proxy"
  2. Click the apply button and restart that computer in normal mode.

Can you access the net now?

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Removed Trojan infection with malware bytes. Still unable to websites on Firefox - Page 1 DXwU4
Removed Trojan infection with malware bytes. Still unable to websites on Firefox - Page 1 VvYDg

more_horiz
I changed the proxy settings on both browsers and still there's no connection to a network.

more_horiz
Hello.

Please go to Start, type cmd in the search box. When the command prompt opens, type in the following command:

netsh winsock reset

Hit enter, then reboot normally. Test your net connection after a reboot.

............................................................................................

Removed Trojan infection with malware bytes. Still unable to websites on Firefox - Page 1 DXwU4
Removed Trojan infection with malware bytes. Still unable to websites on Firefox - Page 1 VvYDg

more_horiz
Hi

I typed the command in and got this response:

"The requested operation requires elevation."

Afterward, I rebooted the computer normally and there is still no connection.

more_horiz
Okay, administrator override is needed.

Do the same, but this time just before opening cmd, right click it and select "Run As Administrator"

Type the same command and see if it makes any difference.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum