WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptioncomputer wont boot Emptycomputer wont boot

more_horiz
When i try to start my computer nothing shows up on the screen the cd drive light comes on fans come on hard drive spins but nothing shows on the computer screen. the problem started out when i tried to load xp it would start loading drivers and then stop this happened on 2 different disks i removed the hard drive put it in a cirago external reader and formatted it i then blew out the computer with air because the cooling fans on the processor were totally blocked when i tried to turn the computer on again nothing shows up on the screen but the computer seems to be running i checked the monitor with another computer and its fine i changed power supplies and same thing happened any ideas thanks

descriptioncomputer wont boot EmptyRe: computer wont boot

more_horiz
Hello and Welcome to GP !

Try to reset the CMOS Battery http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-Your-BIOS
Remove the RAM and put it back in make sure it seated properly. Make sure all the cables are connected correctly.

............................................................................................

Regards,
Captain MVP
computer wont boot Gp_use10

It is considered
courteous to  post a reply if you have been able to resolve your problem, or received  an answer to your question.

more_horiz
I used both reset methods reseated ram and checked cables no change thanks

more_horiz
i then blew out the computer with air because the cooling fans on the processor were totally blocked

I assume this has on-board video. If so, heat may have caused the video processor damage. See if you can add a video card.

more_horiz
it does have a video card i tried both

more_horiz
Sorry to hear that neither the on-board of added video card worked. That's as far as I can go with your problem. Hopefully someone has other ideas.

more_horiz
racefan wrote:
When i try to start my computer nothing shows up on the screen the cd drive light comes on fans come on hard drive spins but nothing shows on the computer screen. the problem started out when i tried to load xp it would start loading drivers and then stop this happened on 2 different disks i removed the hard drive put it in a cirago external reader and formatted it i then blew out the computer with air because the cooling fans on the processor were totally blocked when i tried to turn the computer on again nothing shows up on the screen but the computer seems to be running i checked the monitor with another computer and its fine i changed power supplies and same thing happened any ideas thanks

Hi,

You're saying that your pc starts but the problem is that your screen is totally black?

See if everything is in its place. E.g. Get the RAM out, clean it a bit, put it back.

............................................................................................

computer wont boot Gpa-st13

more_horiz
did all that i think the motherboard may be bad thanks for everyones help

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum