WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCD/DVD does not read any discs! EmptyCD/DVD does not read any discs!

more_horiz
PLDS DVD+-RW DH-16A6S ATA Device

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

Recently I had to re-install my windows vista, prior to it was working, and now my CD/dvd drive does not work. I apears in the device maneger and states the error as shown above. However it does not apear in the list of drives in the computer. I have downloaded all the updates from Dell for all of my driver yet I am still having this problem. can any one help?

descriptionCD/DVD does not read any discs! EmptyRe: CD/DVD does not read any discs!

more_horiz
You may have to remove the upper/lower filters. See this article from Microsoft

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116

Click Start, and then click All Programs.
Click Accessories, and then click Run.
Type regedit, and then click OK. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
In the right pane, click UpperFilters.

Note You may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click UpperFilters only. If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry, you still might have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry. To do this, go to step 8.
On the Edit menu, click Delete.
When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
In the right pane, click LowerFilters.

Note If you do not see the LowerFilters registry entry, unfortunately this content cannot help you any further. Go to the "Next Steps" section for information about how you can find more solutions or more help on the Microsoft Web site.
On the Edit menu, click Delete.
When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
Exit Registry Editor.
Restart the computer.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum