WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionNeed help editing "Open With" program list. EmptyNeed help editing "Open With" program list.

more_horiz
Hello. I need help with Windows Vista Home Basic.

How can I add notepad to the "open with" menu? I don't mean adding it to the context menu when you right click a file, I mean the list of programs shown after you right click a file, then select "Choose Default Program."

Notepad is missing from the list, It used to be under "other programs" but it's missing now.
I cannot find the registry entry for the list of programs that are displayed. If someone could tell me which registry entry is for the list of files shown, that would be great. Thanks.

............................................................................................

Need help editing "Open With" program list. Sig3mh

descriptionNeed help editing "Open With" program list. EmptyRe: Need help editing "Open With" program list.

more_horiz
The easiest is to rightclick >> "Open With" and choose the "Browse" option and browse to the Notepad executable (usually c:\windows\notepad.exe").

descriptionNeed help editing "Open With" program list. EmptyRe: Need help editing "Open With" program list.

more_horiz
Agreed, that should fix the problem you are having....

............................................................................................

AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban Black Edition 3.2Ghz
Gigabyte Motherboard
4 GB DDR3 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5830

more_horiz
That was the problem. It wasn't listed there, even after browsing.

It turned out the registry key for it was misspelled for some reason, after correcting it, it showed back up.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Need help editing "Open With" program list. Sig3mh

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum