WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionGoogle and other search pages Lock Up Browser (Firefox) EmptyGoogle and other search pages Lock Up Browser (Firefox)

more_horiz
Hello,

This morning I received a message asking if I would like to use Mcafee Site Advisor as a default search to enable higher security. So I clicked yes, and from then on, anytime I got onto Google's main page, browser Firefox 4 Beta 8 locks up. After closing computer says forever that Firefox is still runing. It must be restarted every time.

Then I got warnings from Mcafee that Computer was "not protected".

I searched for updates and that got Mcafee fixed but was still having above problem with ANY search page, in both Firefox and IE Explorer.

I have Malware Bytes from a previous issue you folks helped me through. Should I start there?

Thanks,
Derek

descriptionGoogle and other search pages Lock Up Browser (Firefox) EmptyRe: Google and other search pages Lock Up Browser (Firefox)

more_horiz
Well for one, Mcafee is by far the slowest and thickest piece of software that I've seen from a Anti-Virus. So wha I suggest doing is uninstalling that and ether buy a new AV or get a free one. AVG is pretty good. I use it for casual browsing, but if you do more than that, you may want to have better protection.

If the uninstall does not work and you are still experiencing the same problem, I suggest ether using system restore to bring you back to the point of where your computer worked best.

Might I add that maybe you should do a scan and see if there is anything that could be causing the problem, such as a Trojan or Virus or even a Worm.

............................................................................................

AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban Black Edition 3.2Ghz
Gigabyte Motherboard
4 GB DDR3 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5830
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum