WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionInternet became super slow EmptyInternet became super slow

more_horiz
Hello to whoever is viewing this. I am currently having a irritating conflict with my internet, though i am happy i can access the internet. My connection gradually decreased each day since 12/25/2010. I have contacted my ISP today and they will contact me back with a senior technician, but i decided to seek help outside my knowledge. I really don't know what happen, woke up one day and my internet connection went down. I've tried to make space on my storage drive and primary drive but that didn't work. I've scanned my computer for virus/spyware/adware with Malwarebytes, nothing. I've used C Cleaner to clean my registry and applications, didn't help as well. I do not have more than 1 anti-virus software, i am currently using Avast though. Specs will be listed below if it helps.

System Specs:
-Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0ghz
-XFX 780i SLI nForce motherboard
-4GB OCZ DDR2 800mhz SLI Edition memory
-(New)EVGA GTS 450 1024MB GDDR5 FPB video card
-(Old)Galaxy GTS 250 512MB GDDR3 video card
-Seagate 250gb HDD
-WD Green Caviar 1TB HDD
-Ultra LSP 750Watt power supply

descriptionInternet became super slow EmptyRe: Internet became super slow

more_horiz
Please disregard the identical posts, a mistake that i made. Please leave your answers here, much appreciated.

more_horiz
Hi,
Please use WinSockFix from link bellow :
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

Let me know if you still have problem.

............................................................................................

Internet became super slow V45u80

more_horiz
I do have a question about this link though, is it limited to XP only or does it work for vista? It says its for XP and added 2003 so i don't know, my mistake for not putting my OS.

Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit

more_horiz
I've received a call from my ISP and they claim that it is my computers problem and that my line is giving great response. They asked me to check task manager for number of processes and its 76. I highly doubt its the number of processes thats causing this dramatic decrease in speed. I've checked for viruses with Malwarebytes and the results says i have nothing infected/viruses. This is driving my insane.

more_horiz
Hi again, sorry for my inactivity.

Please read this post and give me your HijackThis log file in next reply.
http://www.GeekPolice.net/t16457-slow-computer-read-this

............................................................................................

Internet became super slow V45u80

more_horiz
Oh sorry for me not updating the situation, the problem has been handled. Turns out the problem was my ISP with a power shortage in my area. Thanks for your help.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum