WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCannot update Router Firmware EmptyCannot update Router Firmware

more_horiz
Hello all,

I have a ZyXEL p-600 series router (p-660HW-D1)

I was told via my ISP that there is a new firmware for it. I downloaded it and went into my router configuration and uploaded the .BIN file but when I hit upload in IE it says the page cannot be displayed and when I do it in Firefox it says: "Server Error A file system error was detected on the RomPager server".

I'm running Windows7 and I have extracted the .zip files upon downloading the firmware update.

Anybody know what the problem is?

descriptionCannot update Router Firmware EmptyRe: Cannot update Router Firmware

more_horiz
Hi and welcome to GeekPolice.net!

Check this article, check 3rd post.
http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,14660947

............................................................................................

Cannot update Router Firmware V45u80

more_horiz
Hello and thanks for the welcome!

I checked that and the link in the 3rd post doesn't work either it brings up a page saying that the link might be outdated or wrong and to inform an author.

Any other Ideas?

Many thanks

more_horiz
4. How do I update the firmware and configuration file?
You can do this if you access the P-660HW-Dx v2 as Administrator. You can upload the firmware and configuration file to Prestige from Web Condigurator, or using FTP or TFTP client software. You CAN NOT upload the firmware and configuration file via Telnet because the Telnet connection will be dropped during uploading the firmware. Please do not power off the router right after the FTP or TFTP uploading is finished, the router will upload the firmware to its flash at this moment.
Note: There may be firmware that could not be upgraded from Web Configurator. In this case, ZyXEL will prepare special Upload Software for you. Please read the firmware release note carefully when you want to upload a new fireware.

Source : ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/P-660HW-D1_v2/support_note/P-660HW-D1%20v2_3.4.pdf

............................................................................................

more_horiz
I tried the upload via Web configuation and got the same thing. I can't actually find the release notes for that specific router, online.

Any other suggestions?

Do you think I should buy a new router? Perlico upgraded a few areas - including mine - to 8MB but I recently sent an email to them saying thatI was still only getting the standard 3MB worth and the suggestion was to upgrade the firmware of the router. Unfortunately this does not seem to be working very well either so would It be better to just buy a new better/faster router?

If so, Could you recommend one?

Many thanks.

more_horiz
Did you tried to Reset and configure it again ? It might help you to solve problem.

Try to reset all to defaults and than try firmware update, but turn off your firewall, antivirus and other antimalware programs till you finish process.

If you want, you can buy new one. Hm.. I'm not soo good with suggestion for routers, if you use Google, you might find one for you.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum