WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionantivirus/malware/firewall Emptyantivirus/malware/firewall

more_horiz
ok.. i just got rid of the virus bankerfox and win 32 with the help of sneajyone... sensationjal bloke and he needs a medal.. but at this point i still havent got an antivirus running and i assume that i have the basic firewall from microsoft on... i don't have a very good laptop its about 4years old and it doesnt have loads of memory... what do u recomend that i put onto it in those departments above....

thanks in advance dyl Thank You!

descriptionantivirus/malware/firewall EmptyRe: antivirus/malware/firewall

more_horiz
Well, on this particular computer I do not recommend to run a third party firewall. Windows firewall is pretty decent and takes up less resources than third party firewalls.

For your antivirus I recommend Panda Cloud Antivirus - it is the lightest of the free antivirus. Install it without the toolbars.

A second choice of antivirus would be Avira.

Besides an antivirus you should install an on-demand scanner.
MBAM is the recommended choice. Use it to periodically scan your system.

WinPatrol alerts you when changes are made in vital system areas. Very light program, especially good on light systems not running a third party firewall.

Finally: browse safely. Google Chrome is the safest browser imo. Mozilla Firefox with the NoScript addon is also very safe, but Noscript has a couple of major disadvantages (it blocks legit content and if you decide to "temporary allow" stuff on bad sites, you open the door for infections).

more_horiz
ok thanks... i run mozilla but i may look at google chromw.. and mbam im downloading that now... thanks for ur help

more_horiz
We recommend any browser that is based on Chromium, I use SRWare Iron myself.

I use these 2 add-ons with it (both work with Chrome too)
AdBlock
Flash Block

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
antivirus/malware/firewall DXwU4
antivirus/malware/firewall VvYDg

more_horiz
dyl_123 wrote:
ok.. i just got rid of the virus bankerfox and win 32 with the help of sneajyone... sensationjal bloke and he needs a medal.. but at this point i still havent got an antivirus running and i assume that i have the basic firewall from microsoft on... i don't have a very good laptop its about 4years old and it doesnt have loads of memory... what do u recomend that i put onto it in those departments above....

thanks in advance dyl Thank You!

I recommend Avira Antivir (Free Edition) in which it can be located here: http://www.avira.com/en/free-download-avira-antivir-personal

Regards,
Disruption

more_horiz
Microsoft Security Essentials is also very good.Smile...

descriptionantivirus/malware/firewall EmptyYou are an angel even though your picture is spooky

more_horiz
Gabethebabe wrote:
Well, on this particular computer I do not recommend to run a third party firewall. Windows firewall is pretty decent and takes up less resources than third party firewalls.

For your antivirus I recommend Panda Cloud Antivirus - it is the lightest of the free antivirus. Install it without the toolbars.

A second choice of antivirus would be Avira.

Besides an antivirus you should install an on-demand scanner.
MBAM is the recommended choice. Use it to periodically scan your system.

WinPatrol alerts you when changes are made in vital system areas. Very light program, especially good on light systems not running a third party firewall.

Finally: browse safely. Google Chrome is the safest browser imo. Mozilla Firefox with the NoScript addon is also very safe, but Noscript has a couple of major disadvantages (it blocks legit content and if you decide to "temporary allow" stuff on bad sites, you open the door for infections).

Last edited by Paulette Dodd on 30th May 2011, 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I just ordered this program MBAM & my computer wouldn't run it--said it was uncommon--thanks for not letting me waste my hard earned money!)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum