WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAvira detected tr/crypt.zpack.gen in skype program files - Page 1 EmptyRe: Avira detected tr/crypt.zpack.gen in skype program files

more_horiz
This is the only log I find:

ESETSmartInstaller@High as CAB hook log:
OnlineScanner.ocx - registred OK
can not get scanner. e_gle=1001
DLL:pipe not connected. attempts=120
can not get scanner. e_gle=1001
esets_scanner_update returned -1 esets_gle=53251

descriptionAvira detected tr/crypt.zpack.gen in skype program files - Page 1 EmptyRe: Avira detected tr/crypt.zpack.gen in skype program files

more_horiz
Based on my novice interpretation of the above log, I uninstalled ESET, downloaded a new version, and ran the scan again. It gets to approximately 47% scanned and my computer then shuts down. A similar log was created.

more_horiz
The computer is again in a constant loop of booting and re-booting with the last reboot defaulting to safe mode.

more_horiz
One other piece of info - the only way I was able to proceed with the download was to click the "Enable Stealth Technology" option; otherwise, I would receive an error message.

more_horiz
Hello.

Download Security Check by screen317 and save it to your Desktop.

• Unzip SecurityCheck.zip and a folder named Security Check should appear.
  • Open the Security Check folder and double-click Security Check.bat
  • Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: if a security program requests permission from dig.exe to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Avira detected tr/crypt.zpack.gen in skype program files - Page 1 DXwU4
Avira detected tr/crypt.zpack.gen in skype program files - Page 1 VvYDg

more_horiz
Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.7
Windows XP Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8
``````````````````````````````
Antivirus/Firewall Check:

Windows Firewall Disabled!
Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus
Antivirus up to date!
```````````````````````````````
Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
CCleaner
Java(TM) 6 Update 22
Adobe Flash Player 10.1.102.64
Adobe Reader X
````````````````````````````````
Process Check:
objlist.exe by Laurent

Windows Defender MSMpEng.exe
Windows Defender MSASCui.exe
Avira Antivir avgnt.exe
Avira Antivir avguard.exe
Windows Defender MsMpEng.exe
Windows Defender MSASCui.exe
``````````End of Log````````````

more_horiz
Looks good, how is the machine running now?

............................................................................................

more_horiz
I really don't see any improvement in performance and Avira still picks up the malware whenever I boot up. It blocks it and then runs a scan but it definitely slows the start-up process. The computer is still freezing up on occasion and it shut down last night before the nightly scan was completed.

more_horiz
Hello.
Does Avira say where it's detecting it?

more_horiz
Here's the event report:

Virus or unwanted program 'TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen [trojan]'
detected in file 'C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe.
Action performed: Deny access

more_horiz
Did you update Avira? just to check this ins't a false positive, as I have Skype installed on my machines along with Avira and it doesn't detect it.

more_horiz
Yes, it's updated. I had actually done a Google search on the event report before posting here for help. I found some sites that indicated a false positive for Avira but given that the computer was acting whacky with freezing and shutting down, I figured that it was a legit malware issue. There were also other posts I found on getting rid of it but I wasn't that confident on their level of expertise. I've learned in the past to trust the moderators on GP so I figured if anyone could solve it, you guys could.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum