WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionwindows will not reboot after system restore Emptywindows will not reboot after system restore

more_horiz
I did a system restore on my dell windows xp and now I can not get it to reboot,,I get the options window,,click on any option and get the same response,,STOP,OXOOOOOO7B,OXCOOOOOO34,OXOOOOOOOO,OXOOOOOOOO,,I have tried inserting the Windows XP CD but nothing happens,,what the heck did I do?

descriptionwindows will not reboot after system restore EmptyRe: windows will not reboot after system restore

more_horiz
Follow next steps:

• When you turn on your computer, press DELETE on keyboard to enter BIOS settings.
  • Find Boot Devices and put DVD/CD Rom as First Boot Device.
  • Find Sata AHCI mode and put it to IDE mode. Press F10 to Save and press Y to accept.
  • Put your Windows XP CD in your DVD/CD Rom and start your computer.
  • When you get message - Press any key to boot from CD.. press anything you want on your keyboard.
  • Let your Setup to begin, do not press anything.
  • When you receive the message to press R to repair Windows by using the Recovery Console, press the R key.
  • Select the Windows installation that you want, and then type the administrator password when prompted.
  • At the recovery console command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
CHKDSK /r

• When your computer finish, type exit and press Enter. Your computer should restart now.
Let me know if your problem is gone.

............................................................................................

windows will not reboot after system restore V45u80

descriptionwindows will not reboot after system restore EmptyRe: windows will not reboot after system restore

more_horiz
I will do this as soon as I get back to my main computer,and will let you know the results,Thank You!

more_horiz
I have tried to start and push delete,,nothing happens and I get the same problem,,it just won't let me do a thing,,not responding at all,,keeps going back to boot options then the blue screen message

more_horiz
I can get on the setup menu if that is any help

more_horiz
now the message reads,stop:oxoooooo7B (oxF89EC528,oxcooooo34,oxoooooooo.oxoooooooo)

more_horiz
Do you have laptop or PC ? Because entering BIOS is not same for every model of computer.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
It is a Dell PC Intel Celeron Processor: 2.53 GHz Level 2 Cache; 256 KB Integrated....BIOS Version A01 Service Tag FCNYHB1,,Dell Series DE051..that's all in info it will give me

more_horiz
Press F2 instead of DELETE key. After that follow all other steps.

more_horiz
well now I have windows pro and Home edition,,but can't get home at all and pro will not connect to the internet,,can I do a full recovery without a disk? all I have is the pro disk,never got a disk with the PC

more_horiz
You can use XP Pro for Repair process. It just have to be XP cd. They have similar system files, Home edition missing some of Pro, so I think that would be okay for repair process.

You can do Dell Recovery but I'm not sure about that for now, lets try Windows repair first, than we can try Dell one, because I'm not sure about one thing - Do you want to keep all data or just to wipe it and start over again ?

more_horiz
either way is ok,,nothing That I can't replace,,which ever is the easiest,,all I want right now is get it back up and running,,so please let me know what to do,,I'm at my wits end here,,

more_horiz
Okay, use instructions I gave you in my first post above. CHK command will check all system files on your HDD, replace corrupted or missing and you should be able to enter Windows.

more_horiz
now it is saying that my pass word is invailed,I know what it is but it's not accepting it,,,now what?

more_horiz
I think that maybe a full recovery might be the way to go,,if that is possible

more_horiz
Than we have a problem, you forgot admin password. Okay, Dell provide their own recovery mode. Please visit link bellow and read Step 3:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&l=en&s=gen&docid=DSN_181316&isLegacy=true

more_horiz
I tried that to no avail...i got a dif computer now so it's a done deal any way,,thanks so much for all your time and effort,,it is much appreciated

more_horiz
Okay.

Regards,
Nazzgull

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum