WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionBlue Screen (hopefully not of death) message EmptyBlue Screen (hopefully not of death) message

more_horiz
The following full screen with blue background and white writing appears again and again:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
If this is the first time you’ve seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.
If the problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.
Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000008, 0x00000000)
Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

So far, I can shut down and reboot and life is fine for some period of time and then it appears again. At least at this point it is not the dreaded blue screen of death. I am sending this email from the affected computer.

The only thing that I have tried to do with respect to new software is the installation of a free upgrade to PC Tools Spyware Doctor. The installation program wanted me to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials before it would install the upgrade. I was scared to do that. I added Microsoft Essentials AFTER I had originally installed Spyware Doctor.

Help!!! Is this a real message from Windows or Microsoft or is it from someone wanting to do cyber harm?

descriptionBlue Screen (hopefully not of death) message EmptyRe: Blue Screen (hopefully not of death) message

more_horiz
Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)
No installation required.
Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

descriptionBlue Screen (hopefully not of death) message EmptyBlue Screen (Not of Death) Message

more_horiz
Where do I go to download BlueScreenView? I did a Google search and there were several places where I could download the file. The one I chose was blocked by PC Tools Spyware Doctor.

descriptionBlue Screen (hopefully not of death) message EmptyRe: Blue Screen (hopefully not of death) message

more_horiz
The link was beside the word download: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

more_horiz
Hello.

We need an update from you, so we know if you want to continue disinfection.

Please reply promptly.

~DMJ Blue Screen (hopefully not of death) message Skinnyironsword

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum