WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionProblems with updates after removing AV security suite. EmptyProblems with updates after removing AV security suite.

more_horiz
Hello,

I am not that well with computers but I was super proud of me when I removed a virus from my computer this summer called AV Security Suite. I did research online and somehow managed to get rid of it. Sadly, I don´t really remember how and all the steps I followed... However, now I am unable to update my avira firewall, adobe reader and my itunes won´t connect to the internet. I do have a regular internet connection. Well, at least when I open firefox, I can surf the internet without any problem. Please can somebody help me? I tried to figure it out myself again before seeking help but I am at the point where I really could use some expert advice ;-) Thank you in advance...K

Ps: I forgot to mention that my Windows Xp is not original, so enabling the automatic update option is apparently not an option... ;-(

descriptionProblems with updates after removing AV security suite. EmptyRe: Problems with updates after removing AV security suite.

more_horiz
Hello.

Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Problems with updates after removing AV security suite. DXwU4
Problems with updates after removing AV security suite. VvYDg

descriptionProblems with updates after removing AV security suite. EmptyRe: Problems with updates after removing AV security suite.

more_horiz
Nevermind... It happend to be the proxy server...Thanks for the response though. Great site!! ;-) Thank You!

Last edited by vesrasurya on 15th December 2010, 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz

Last edited by vesrasurya on 15th December 2010, 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Uh...that´s a lot ;-) Not sure if it matters but Windows is in German and OTL wrote the report automatically in German. Sry, I have not mentioned that but I am hoping it does not matter...?

more_horiz
No it doesn't, I can still read it in German.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Problems with updates after removing AV security suite. DXwU4
Problems with updates after removing AV security suite. VvYDg

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum