WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows 7 blue screen of death...egh EmptyWindows 7 blue screen of death...egh

more_horiz
So I'm having my first run in with the BSOD and am completely stumped. The blue screen appears every time I log into my account and a few times when I log into it on safe mode (which I'm in now). I've been doing some reading on it and it has something to do with my drivers needing to be updated. The error is:
Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The issue is I haven't installed any new hardware on my comp that would require me to have to update drivers and when I go to my device manager and to update my drivers, they're all up to date. Can someone please help (this is the worse possible timing. FINALS WEEK)

I tried restoring my laptop to a previous state, but a good 15 minutes later the screen appeared once more. Downloaded and used a registry cleaner as well, but to no avail.

Thanks. Also, here is the problem report from the system:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFE1
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000001
BCP4: FFFFF880012894FF
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\120810-32042-01.dmp
C:\Users\New Shine\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-53617-0.sys…

And here is the most recent .dmp file of the latest crash's minidump:

http://www.mediafire.com/?z7svu02300dvm39

Sincerest thanks in advance you guys.

descriptionWindows 7 blue screen of death...egh EmptyRe: Windows 7 blue screen of death...egh

more_horiz
Hello and Welcome !

Seems like iaStor.sys has caused the System to crashes it belongs to
Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager uninstall it from your Computer and go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and look for iaStor.sys and rename to iaStor.old

Download a fresh copy from here http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=17882&lang=eng

Hope this helps,
Captain

............................................................................................

Regards,
Captain MVP
Windows 7 blue screen of death...egh Gp_use10

It is considered
courteous to  post a reply if you have been able to resolve your problem, or received  an answer to your question.

descriptionWindows 7 blue screen of death...egh EmptyRe: Windows 7 blue screen of death...egh

more_horiz
Sorry for the long gap in response- I literally gave up hope on this thing for some time.

I did as instructed, but still am having the same problems Captain. Strolled by windows 7 forums and was told to replace a few things, which I did Some things stump me though- I was told that I need to get rid of or update these (with site recommendations next to them:

"ASMMAP64.sys Sun Feb 04 14:52:56 2007 - LENOVO ATK Hotkey ATK0101 ACPI UTILITY. Lenovo Support - Home page. This is an XP driver. Update it or uninstall the utility.

ATK64AMD.sys Tue May 12 21:04:54 2009 - INTEL AS96FM945GM1/S96S ACPI Control Driver. http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.…

iaStor.sys Thu Jun 04 21:53:40 2009 - Intel Storage drivers. http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.…

I'm stumped though on a few things:

I'm told I need get rid of ASMMAP64.sys, LENOVO ATK Hotkey ATK0101 ACPI UTILITY, but I don't own a Lenovo and can't find the file even in the drivers folder. I'm on an Asus and the closest thing I see to that is "ATK0100 ACPI UTILITY" in device manager.

With "ATK64AMD.sys- INTEL AS96FM945GM1/S96S ACPI Control Driver." I found:
ACPI Control Driver

ATK0100 ACPI Utility for Windows* Vista 64

on the website recommended, but its for windows Vista 64*, not windows 7: home edition 64*. does it matter? could I still download it to fix that issue.

and lastly:

is there a certain way that iastor.sys must be downloaded and installed. I've replaced the first iastor.sys with those downloaded form the intel matrix storage driver, but the error stills says that the problem is iastor.sys

Thanks for the help so far. Forgive my computer illiteracy

more_horiz
Just rename iastor.sys to iastor.old and reboot the System see if you have the same problem.

............................................................................................

Regards,
Captain MVP
Windows 7 blue screen of death...egh Gp_use10

It is considered
courteous to  post a reply if you have been able to resolve your problem, or received  an answer to your question.

more_horiz
hesitant to do so since I've read iastor is needed to get to the start-up screen. Aye, just got told there was nothing they could do by four different tech supports, so guess I'll just take this in to best buy or something. Thanks for the help captain

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum