WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionNo audio device installed - Page 1 EmptyRe: No audio device installed

more_horiz
Okay. I wish you luck

............................................................................................

No audio device installed - Page 1 V45u80

descriptionNo audio device installed - Page 1 EmptyRe: No audio device installed

more_horiz
Oh, i forgot, lets try one more solution, use Microsoft Fix It Center from this page :
http://fix-it-center.en.softonic.com/universaldownloader-launch

............................................................................................

more_horiz
I reinstalled the Vista OS, recovery disks would not work so I had to use shadow copy. (Computer wouldn't show DVD drive when I opened My Computer option.)

Still no sound, got started with updates last night.
The Conexant and Smartaudio programs show in add remove programs, but not in device manager.
I haven't tried to see if the DVD/CD drive will work with a since OS reinstall.

Could the CD/DVD have not been working due to not having sound? I could hear the drive spinniing, but it just didn't show the drive letter F: or give the option pop up.
Thanks!

If we have helped you, Please consider helping us,  make a donation.

Helping fight malware. No audio device installed - Page 1 Sac

more_horiz
Okay, just uninstall that Conexant and Smartaudio from your computer. Than try :
http://www.filecluster.com/Drivers/Sound-Cards/Download-Realtek-High-Definition-Audio-for-Vista.html
http://www.filecluster.com/Drivers/Sound-Cards/Download-Realtek-AC-97-Drivers-for-Vista.html

If that won't help, use Microsoft Fix It Center which i gave you in post above, you'll have options inside for Sound problems, CD/DVD problems etc.. Just click on one, and click on RUN.

more_horiz
I have finished the reinstall. CD/DVD drive works fine, still no sound. I have tried the uninstall an microsoft fix it. The fix it just says there is a problem but unable to fix. The solutions given are what we have done already.
I think I will get an external sound card and try that. What do you think?
Thanks!!!

more_horiz
External sound should work. I don't get what problem do we have. Can you get me a screenshot of Fix It ? What message you got from that software ?

more_horiz
This is a screenshot of the device manager:

No audio device installed - Page 1 Device10

this is the finished report from Microsoft FixIt, I did not get the error message this time:
Sound Playback and RecordingPublisher details

Issues found
Check audio deviceCheck audio device
There might be a problem with your audio deviceNot fixed
Rescan devicesSucceeded
Uninstall deviceSucceeded

Issues foundDetection details

6Check audio deviceNot fixed

There might be a problem with your audio device
Rescan devicesSucceeded

Check for changes in available devices
Uninstall deviceSucceeded

Assign drive letters to all drives that do not have drive letter

Detection details

Installed audio devices
This file contains the details stored in the registry for all installed
audio devices.

File Name:AudioDevices.reg

Collection information
Computer Name: LIA-PC
Windows Version:6.0
Architecture:x86
Time:12/5/2010 12:09:07 PM

Publisher details

Sound Playback and Recording
Troubleshoot problems that prevent your computer from playing or recording
sound.
Package Version:2.1.2.20101104
Publisher:Microsoft Corporation

From this I am guessing the sound card may be bad.
Thanksfor all your help.
I'll let you know if the external works.

more_horiz
Yup, you have some serious problem with Sound Card.. Thanks for info.

more_horiz
Yeah That's what I was afriad of...

I bought a SoundBlaster X-Fi Go! Pro external sound card for it today. I have been trying to get it to work all day. I can see the animation in the volume bar bouncing up and down, but can not hear the sound.

Also the CD / DVD drive has been blinking in and out of the computer options window (working intermitently). So now I wonder if it is crapping out altogether... I am begining to think it is a lost cause.
Thanks for trying to help!!

more_horiz
Oh my god. Would you like to Reinstall Windows ? You should not use Vista, Vista is the worst operating system ever made, too many errors and no updates for common problems. I suggest you to get Windows 7, or if you have XP just put in on, Vista is really one big fail of Microsoft Co.

more_horiz
I did not think about trying to go back to XP pro.. My daughter can't afford 7 yet, so I will try that!
I'm with you I hate Vista, I never had anything but problems before I got 7!!!
Thanks, 2 heads are better than 1!!!

more_horiz
I just never have problem with XP sound or 7, i never used Vista because i saw what peoples talking about that 'OS' on internet, it's just too much buggy.

Try to reinstall Windows Vista and check Sound again, it might helps. If problem still appearing, just choose new OS.

more_horiz
Sorry I haven't brought you up to date this week yet. I tried to replace Vista OS with XP pro and got a stop error (I didn't write it down) also a message to check BIOS version.
So I reinstalled the Vista OS in order for the computer to reboot correctly, still no sound and the CD/DVD coming in and out of being recognized . I will try XP pro again to see what happens and write the stop error down.

Would it be a possibility to create another partition to try and see if the sound works on Xp that way??
This is beginning to be a pain!!! Let me think

more_horiz
Oh my god, too many errors Goofy Maybe you really have to update your BIOS, is that some really old computer or what ?

Naa, let's not try dual OS, have to many errors for now. Pain, yeah.. Try to catch up that message XP gives you, maybe it's related to some of hardware components.

more_horiz
The computer is only 4 years old (HP DV6500 series laptop).... Just crapping out I guess.
It should have let me downgrade to Xp pro but would not, It did not even get to installing anything before the stop error and check BIOS message. When I reinstalled Vista OS According to updates the BIOS was up to date (for Vista).
Thanks Nazzgull!!

more_horiz
Try this one for Audio:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp40001-40500/sp40170.exe

more_horiz
Want to bring you up to date.
I went ahead and installed Vista SP 2 and so far the CD/DVD is being recognized. The sound still does not work, but the SoundBlaster X-FI pro installed and she has sound with earphones. I haven't figured out if it is set up that way or if I can get it to use the laptops speakers. She may have to use external Speakers, but it is working for now!! Hooray!

I will let you know If I am able to set it up to use the internal speakers.
Thanks for all your help

more_horiz
Nice information Smile... Try audio from HP i give you in post above, I found on HP website for that model of laptops, maybe it helps.

No problem, I'm still here Smile...

more_horiz
Yeah I tried the link but it did not work either. It was one that I had already installed earlier.
Thanks!!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum