WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows 7 & Vista EmptyWindows 7 & Vista

more_horiz
As nazzgull suggested, I have bought a disk of Windows 7.
When I try to install it, it says you will not be able to use the old version of the windows. Is there any way you can keep both of the versions?

Last edited by ViKtory on 22nd November 2010, 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

............................................................................................

Windows 7 & Vista Viktor14

descriptionWindows 7 & Vista EmptyRe: Windows 7 & Vista

more_horiz
Hi, you can install it on new partition, than you have Dual OS. You should be able to create new partition on Installation Screen.

............................................................................................

Windows 7 & Vista V45u80

more_horiz
I don't see and create new partition button there. I can only see 4 partitions, a "Refresh" and a "Load" button.

*EDIT*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSyqlXEleMQ
I found that video. Can I trust it? And also, I don't want to shrink my C drive since it has very little space left, instead I want to shrink my J drive. is that possible?

--
I'm getting excited, please reply quickly if you can.. Hooray!

more_horiz
You can shrink your other partition, and than install Windows 7 on it, it's same. If you have Vista on C:, do not install Windows 7 on that partition. Choose another one Smile... That's calling Dual OS, dual boot Smile... When your computer start, you'll have to choose between Vista and 7.

Windows 7 & Vista V45u80

more_horiz
Umm.. When I try to shrink my J drive, it appears a "Free space" and not "Unallocated partition"..
Also, I tried using a pen-drive which contains all the set-up files of Windows 7(since the disk did not work)
And when I went to the boot menu, no options came. It asked "Select your boot..(something)" and I selected USB. Yet, it din't work. Said, there is no boot thingy in your pendrive :/

more_horiz
Right click on Free space and click New Volume, it should make you new partition.

Why pen drive ? You don't have Windows 7 DVD ?

You probably didn't set pendrive property to use boot from it. Check few posts on web, use link down, i can not explain how to set up usb for windows 7 installation.

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=how+to+install+windows+7+from+flash&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&psj=1&fp=b69933d19f024e3b

Windows 7 & Vista V45u80

more_horiz
Thanks, it did make a new partition.

Well, you see, my disk driver won't open. so I exchanged the CD with the pen-drive from that shop fellow.

I'm following this-
http://maketecheasier.com/boot-and-install-windows-7-from-usb-flash-drive/2009/01/23
but at the laaaast part(for Vista) when they say that bootsect code, my cmd sais access is denied.
So, I run CMD as an admin. Now, I'm not able to change the directory at all :/

*EDIT*
Ohh.. never mind, I've gotten around it, and I have also done that dual-OS thingy. Now it works fine. Thanks for your help again, nazzgull Big Grin

more_horiz
I'm always here to help Windows 7 & Vista 643420 Enjoy!

Windows 7 & Vista V45u80

more_horiz
Windows 7 is the latest version of the Microsoft operating systems which succeeded Vista. The version is packed with important appearance that the users and download squad readers are accustomed with. It has many great features. Window vista is aswell good operating system.

hp laptop deals

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum