WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionThinkPoint Killed My PC  EmptyThinkPoint Killed My PC

more_horiz
I have the same exact problem as kamauwhtp

"can someone help?

i have the thinkpoint virus on my system. when i try to go to safe mode, i get the open in safe mode prompt, open with networking, and open with command prompt. if i try to open with safe mode, the screen goes completly black. if i try to open with the other two, the screen show the computer trying to boot up, and then it freezes in the process. i can't get anything past that point, and have to press the power button myself to shut down the computer. the computer operating system is xp. the cd drive doesn't work and it seems that when i try to insert a usb drive that freezes everything as well. i do use another computer, but would like to repair this one if i can. please help if you can!"

I have windows xp and I can enter the advanced bios when I hit F8 before windows logon, but I can't get any further. I get a total black screen when I try to enter safe mode, bios mode or any mode. I can't get to the windows splash/start-up screen. Please Help

descriptionThinkPoint Killed My PC  EmptyRe: ThinkPoint Killed My PC

more_horiz
Hello.

Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
ThinkPoint Killed My PC  DXwU4
ThinkPoint Killed My PC  VvYDg

more_horiz
Are you still with us?

We need to know any other issues that are plaguing your computer. Kindly give a summary so we know how to continue from here.

Many of the things to note for us would be:

• Slow computer
  • Error messages
  • Fake antivirus alerts or the icon in the system tray
  • svchost.exe running at 100%
  • System crashes or blue screen of death

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum