WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionBooting problem EmptyBooting problem

more_horiz
I have a pc (Vista) that isn't booting. I leave it on but it wouldn't wake up so I did a cold reboot. I got a message saying that there was a startup problem so it wanted to run a "Startup Repair". It said that it would take a while and might restart a few times. It got to the point where it recommended going to a System Restore so I agreed. It now has the Microsoft Windows Screen with the chasing green bar at the bottom but it seems frozen. It's been like this for 15 minutes now. I suspect that my problem is my grandkids. Can you please help me to know what I should do next. Thanks.

descriptionBooting problem EmptyRe: Booting problem

more_horiz
Hello,

Seems like it could some Hardware related. Run a Hardware Diagnostic follow this link http://captaindebugger.wordpress.com/hardware-diagnostic/ and run all the Diagnostic

Hope this helps,
Captain

............................................................................................

Regards,
Captain MVP
Booting problem Gp_use10

It is considered
courteous to  post a reply if you have been able to resolve your problem, or received  an answer to your question.

more_horiz
Since my problem was with booting I restarted in Safe mode. I went to your link regarding hardware diagnostics and ran the chkdsk /c. It said there was an issue so it suggested that I run chkdsk /f. When I did that it said the files were in use and that I could choose to run it when I restarted. I clicked ok. Then I tried your direction to run chkdsk /r and I got the same message. While I was in safe mode I de died to restore back to a date in early October. I then chose Restart and I went to bed. When I just turned on the monitor it's at the same screen with the frozen green status bar. Thanks for any help.

more_horiz
Download the Hard Drive Diagnostic Tool i mentioned and run a Diagnostic

............................................................................................

Regards,
Captain MVP
Booting problem Gp_use10

It is considered
courteous to  post a reply if you have been able to resolve your problem, or received  an answer to your question.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum