WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionUnable to use internet after system restore EmptyUnable to use internet after system restore

more_horiz
Hi, I did a system restore yesterday using Uniblue Registry Booster after having general problems with my pc for the last few weeks(eg. slow operating, folders and windows that froze) . Now i can no longer connect to the internet. I have a wireless modem that shows i have "excellent" signal strength but IPv4 Connectivity shows "local" and IPv6 Connectivity shows "limited".It was providing good internet connection prior to the system restore.Any ideas please.thanks... ps i am using a laptop with the modem now so i know the modem is operating ok.

descriptionUnable to use internet after system restore EmptyRe: Unable to use internet after system restore

more_horiz
Hi,

• Please download WinSockFix from THIS link to your Desktop.
  • Run Winsockfix.exe and press Fix button.
  • Restart your computer and check your connection.

............................................................................................

Unable to use internet after system restore V45u80

descriptionUnable to use internet after system restore EmptyRe: Unable to use internet after system restore

more_horiz
Thank you.I have followed your instructions.After restarting I have the message " Run - time error 53: File not found." Still no internet concection. Any further help,appreciated

more_horiz
Hi, it look like you have some damaged file from some of software in your Program list. Lets fix that first.

Download Comodo System Cleaner from THIS link.

• Install Comodo System Cleaner.
  • Double click on COMODO System-Cleaner icon on your Desktop.
  • Click on Registry Cleaner option in left panel.
  • In Depth Scan - click on Unable to use internet after system restore Captur10 and check ALL fields with and press Clean button.
Your message should stop now.

After that step, please follow next instruction.

• Go to Start > Run > type CMD and press Enter.
  • In Command Prompt please type next command
ping www.google.com > C:\ping.txt

• Type exit and press Enter to exit from Command Prompt.
  • Go to My Computer > C: > Find file name ping.txt and open it.
  • Copy whole log inside your next reply.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
Thank you. I followed your instructions. In Comodo system cleaner i did a registry cleaner,but no "depth scan" function was visible for me to use. The next step "type ping www.google.com>C:\ping.txt" I did but it showed "access is denied",and i couldn't locate ping.txt. What can i do now?thanks

more_horiz
You are not administrator of your computer ?
Use same instructions but for Normal Scan.

Okay, let's enable you as Administrator for Command Prompt. Remember, for first step do not press Enter alone, use Ctrl and Shift.

• Go to Start > Run > type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift + Enter.
  • You will be prompted with User Account Control dialog, close it with Alt + C.
  • In Command Prompt please type next command
ping www.google.com > C:\ping.txt

• Type exit and press Enter to exit from Command Prompt.
  • Go to My Computer > C: > Find file name ping.txt and open it.
  • Copy whole log inside your next reply.

more_horiz
Thank you.Yes, I am the administrator of this pc. Did what you asked,but didn't see any User Account Control dialog.It went straight to the C:\system32\CMD.exe black window.The same thing again"Access is denied". What's next? thanks

more_horiz
Strange, which Firewall you using ?

more_horiz
Windows Defender

more_horiz
You should get something better. That's too low for security.

I think your computer is infected with malware. Please read THIS post and open new topic inside Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal forum.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum