WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionis it safe to delete IE8  Emptyis it safe to delete IE8

more_horiz
Hi! GeekPolice Folks

I set firefox as my default browser thus leaving IE8 unused, I don't want to have IE8 installed in my system occupying space when in fact it will be unused, my concern now is that if by deleting it, other programs that depend on it will stop working. when I go in the add/remove programs wizard and select IE8 and hit uninstall, a list pops up with a number of programs saying that those programs were installed after IE8 and may not work if uninstalled. what do you guys recommend doing??

thanks

descriptionis it safe to delete IE8  EmptyRe: is it safe to delete IE8

more_horiz
Hi, can you give me list of programs ?

It's probably some Toolbars and i think you'll not lose anything..

............................................................................................

is it safe to delete IE8  V45u80

more_horiz
some of the listed programs are : some adobe flash player plugins, microsoft office entrerprice, many securities for windows xp, among various others

it says a the bottom of the list "this programs depend on IE8, they might not work property if removed, do want to continue?"

more_horiz
You can continue..

By the way, i don't see any point in uninstalling IE.. It can be useful some day ;)

............................................................................................

is it safe to delete IE8  V45u80

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum