WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionactivated windows, but it keeps asking to be activated Emptyactivated windows, but it keeps asking to be activated

more_horiz
Hi,

My computer was upgraded from win vista to win 7 home premium months ago. I activated it right after the upgrade.. and it was running fine for a few months.. but recently, on various occasions when I turned on or restarted my computer, it would go to this black screen and at the bottom it would say "this copy of windows is not genuine", but it IS. then there would be a pop up telling me to activate windows, even though i HAVE already done so months ago. I did run a scan last week, but there weren't any viruses. so, what is the problem?

descriptionactivated windows, but it keeps asking to be activated EmptyRe: activated windows, but it keeps asking to be activated

more_horiz
Hi, can you try to Activate it again ?

Go to Start > type "Activate Windows" > Follow steps inside Smile...

............................................................................................

activated windows, but it keeps asking to be activated V45u80

descriptionactivated windows, but it keeps asking to be activated EmptyRe: activated windows, but it keeps asking to be activated

more_horiz
yea, i did do that, but isn't there a limit to how many times windows can be activated?

more_horiz
You can't lose anything..

............................................................................................

more_horiz
go to techpp.com and in the search type windows 7 not genuin and you can read the article on how to stop the message

more_horiz
Windows should accept Genuine, if you have that problem with activation every day, than check this

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/genuinewindows7/thread/c39f566e-f1df-4e31-8022-70a7ef8f9dbe

more_horiz
=S i have no clue what they are talking about.. i'm technology challenged lol.

more_horiz
1) Click Start button.
2) Type: CMD.exe into the 'Search programs and files' field
3) Right-Click on CMD.exe and select 'Run as Administrator'
4) Type: net stop sppsvc (It may ask you if you are sure, select yes)
Note: the Software Protection service may not be running, this is ok.
5) Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform
6) Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar
7) Type: cd %windir%\system32
8) Type: net start sppsvc
9) Type: slui.exe
10) After a couple of seconds Windows Activation dialog will appear. It's most likely that Activation will occur automatically but you may be asked to re-enter your product key and/or to reactivate.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum