WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionThinkpoint, but this is a easy question EmptyThinkpoint, but this is a easy question

more_horiz
First I followed the instructions to remove thinkpoint. I opened in safe mode, and ran malwarebytes, removed the infection list, and restarted. When I restarted thinkpoint opened right away and I couldn't get away from it. So again I booted in safe mode, and this time, I had malwarebytes check for updates, it updated, I scanned, and removed infections, and restarted, this time NO THINKPOINT!!!! OMG could it really be gone? So far no issues, but I noticed the thinkpoint icon is still on my desktop. Before the scan it was a yellow lightbulb, now it looks like a file, with an arrow pointing from the bottom left to the top right. How do I get rid if the icon? Does it sound like this thinkpoint is gone? If it is why is the icon still there?

descriptionThinkpoint, but this is a easy question EmptyRe: Thinkpoint, but this is a easy question

more_horiz
Hello.

Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Thinkpoint, but this is a easy question DXwU4
Thinkpoint, but this is a easy question VvYDg

descriptionThinkpoint, but this is a easy question EmptyRe: Thinkpoint, but this is a easy question

more_horiz
Thanks for responding! Before I do this I had a new issue come up, and want to make sure this is still the route you want me to take. I keep getting a resident shield alert, with the AVG logo, that says it's called a trojan horse 19 (I forgot the end letters). Do you still want me to download what you said? Thanks again

more_horiz
Yes please.
Switch AVG off if you have to, OTL is a legit tool many use everyday, AVG just doesn't like it for some weird reason.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Thinkpoint, but this is a easy question DXwU4
Thinkpoint, but this is a easy question VvYDg

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum