WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Trojan

4 posters

descriptionTrojan - Page 2 EmptyRe: Trojan

more_horiz
Should be C: drive, aka Windows 7.

more_horiz
C Drive says RECOVERY (C:)
when clicked on underneath it are folders
->Boot
->dell
preload
Recovery
System Volume Information

the -> means that those folders have folders under them

............................................................................................

Trojan - Page 2 Gp_use10

more_horiz
Do any of the drives denote Windows 7?

more_horiz
RAMDisk (B:)
RECOVERY (C:)
Removable Disk (D:)
OS (E:)
ReatogoPE (X:)
Shared Documents

I asume I want OS (E:)

............................................................................................

Trojan - Page 2 Gp_use10

more_horiz
Yes. OS

more_horiz
When clicked on the OS part the dropdown showed but I clicked ok while OS was selected.

RunScanner Error
Target is not windows 2000 or later.

That is the error that shows up.

On a side note does this computer look like it can be fixed because we don't have the money to have it reformatted and by we I mean this is my girlfriends computer and she is all like can I have my computer back soon and I keep saying that you are trying we are not having much luck. I also appreciate all that you are doing trying to solve this Thank You!

Trojan - Page 2 Gp_use10

more_horiz
No reply for 2 days.

Trojan - Page 2 Gp_use10

more_horiz
If you are not sure how to burn an image, please read How to write a CD/DVD image or ISO. If you need a FREE utility to burn the ISO image, download and use ImgBurn.

Let me know how it goes.

more_horiz
I got it to run and update but The scan didn't even last 1 minute and showed up nothing. When I called Kaspersky Customer Service they said they cant help me because I'm not a customer. It is bootable off the disk but the scan didn't run.

Now what should I do?

Trojan - Page 2 Gp_use10

more_horiz
We are going to work with xPUD again.

Please run it as instructed above, and post the log.

more_horiz
still the same problem as before. I get sda 1 2 and 3 but no sdb 1

Trojan - Page 2 Gp_use10

more_horiz
no reply for 2 days

Trojan - Page 2 Gp_use10

more_horiz
no reply for 4 days sorry to keep bumping

Trojan - Page 2 Gp_use10

more_horiz
Please download ARCDC from Artellos.com.
  • Double-click ARCDC.exe
  • Follow the dialog until you see 6 options. Please pick: NAME OF OS
  • You will be prompted with a Terms of Use by Microsoft, please accept.
  • You will see a few black screens flash by, this is normal.
  • Next you will be able to choose to add extra files. Select the Default Files.
  • The last window will allow you to burn the disk using BurnCDCC
When finished, your ISO is located on your desktop.

Let me know once you have it.

more_horiz
which OS do i select. the system is windows 7 not xp. do i burn a professional os regular or home edition reg

Trojan - Page 2 Gp_use10

more_horiz
Windows 7

more_horiz
There is no Windows 7 Option. The only option I have are the XP Professional and Home options. Once selected and downloaded what do I do next.

Trojan - Page 2 Gp_use10

more_horiz
Then, that means Windows 7 x64 edition was not installed properly, and we cannot continue in recovery because the partition table is corrupted.

It is going to have to be completely cleaned, after all data is saved, and a new copy of Windows 7 x64 will have to be installed.

If you do not have a disc, contact the manufacturer of your computer and demand one.

Otherwise, since we have ran out of options, and our tools have not worked properly, we can no longer offer help. We rarely ever run out of options, however, it appears your computer is much more damaged than what we can employ help from here.

My apologies.

more_horiz
That was off my computer and the link that told me to download only gave me those options, so is that link just for xp or 7?

Trojan - Page 2 Gp_use10

more_horiz
What OS has the core problem described in the first post of this topic?

more_horiz
Windows 7. But when I downloaded that program for on my computer to burn the .iso it only gave me xp options.

Trojan - Page 2 Gp_use10

more_horiz
Right. Which means the entire MBR is damaged, and is unfixable. It will have to be completely erased and sanitized, and then reinstalled.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum