WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHelp needed for net framework EmptyHelp needed for net framework

more_horiz
As shown above, needs help when downloading updated v3.5, i can't seem to uninstall it via add/remove programme it just pop-up that windows is running in safe mode or windows installer not correctly installed. Downloaded windows installer and installed it, it still have the pop-up. Followed the ways microsoft gave to help run it properly, it saied that it was not accepted... How the hell should i know my computer was running in safe mode, but it's not...

Help me pl0x...XD LOL Banner

descriptionHelp needed for net framework EmptyRe: Help needed for net framework

more_horiz
Please do not bump your topics. We do not reply in seconds.

There are 3 possible solutions to the problem you are having please read the following below.

Solution 1:

Deleted folder "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\vxxxxxx"

Where "vxxxxxx" is the version of the framework. And reinstall it.

Solution 2:

Make sure you're logged in as Admin and no anti-virus to block the downloads.

Download the dotnetfx_cleanup_tool and use it...

http://astebner.sts.winisp.net/Tools/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip

Solution 3:

The SYSTEM account may not have Full Control permissions on the folder that you are trying to install to. Because the Windows Installer service uses the SYSTEM account to install software.

To grant Full Control permissions to the SYSTEM account, follow these steps:
1. On the Windows desktop, double-click My Computer. The My Computer window appears.
2. Right-click the drive that you want to install the Windows Installer package to, and then click Properties.
3. Click the Security tab.
4. On the Security tab, do the following:
    •If you are using Microsoft Windows 2000, verify that the Name box contains the SYSTEM user account.
    • If you are using Microsoft Windows XP, verify that the Group or user names box contains the SYSTEM user account.

If the SYSTEM user account does not appear in the box, follow these steps to add the SYSTEM account to the box:
a. Click Add. The Select Users or Groups dialog box appears.
b. In the Name field, click SYSTEM, and then click Add.
c. Click OK.
5. In the Permissions section, click to select the Full Control check box under Allow, and then click Advanced.
6. Do the following:
    • If you are using Windows XP, in the dialog box that appears, click to select the Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects check box for the SYSTEM account, and then click OK.
    • If you are not using Windows XP, in the dialog box that appears, click to select the Reset permissions on all child objects and enable propagation of inheritable permissions check box for the SYSTEM account, and then click OK.

Note If you receive a security message, click Yes.
7. Wait for the operating system to apply the permissions that you have selected to all child folders.
8. Run the Windows Installer package.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Help needed for net framework Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum