WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionRepost from Hardware Forum EmptyRepost from Hardware Forum

more_horiz
This is a repost from Hardware forum. Seems like this is the proper place.

I have been unsuccessful trying different methods of startup on my desktop. I've tried in Safe Mode and it freezes after a series of messages beginning "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)...". I've tried with Last Working Configuration and Debugging Mode and just cab't get passed the Windows XP startup page. I've also seen the so-called "blue page of death" with the following error message: 0x0000007B (0xF7A8A524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). Does anyone know what to do? I've sending this from a laptop. You've been so helpful in the past.

descriptionRepost from Hardware Forum EmptyRe: Repost from Hardware Forum

more_horiz
Hello,

Download MemTest86+ and burn it to a disk and run a Diagnostic for atleast 7 to 8 passes to make sure the RAM is good. Here is a Tutorial that might help you http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

Check this Microsoft article about your Bugcheck http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103

Hope this help !

............................................................................................

Regards,
Captain MVP
Repost from Hardware Forum Gp_use10

It is considered
courteous to  post a reply if you have been able to resolve your problem, or received  an answer to your question.

more_horiz
unfortunately I can't burn a disc on my laptop. I tried to use the flashdrive method but the drive won't show up when it asks me to identify the drive. Any other suggestions?

more_horiz
Did you make sure the option is enabled in BIOS ? Go into BIOS make sure it's enabled.

............................................................................................

Regards,
Captain MVP

It is considered
courteous to  post a reply if you have been able to resolve your problem, or received  an answer to your question.

more_horiz
sorry, not sure what that means. I was abled to get to BIOS on the corrupted computer but not sure what to do when I get there. When looking at some of the other threads, I tried to go to BIOS and make the computer look to the XP disc first. Didn't have much luck.

more_horiz
Check this article http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ss/bootorderchange.htm

Regards,
Captain MVP

It is considered

more_horiz
sorry, I wasn't clear. I couldn't find the flash drive on the working computer and never able to download the memTest. Instead, I was trying to use the XP replacement disc. After getting to BIOS, I was asked if I wanted to boot through a CD. I said yes, but have gotten caught up at a screen that says Windows XP Professional Setup and then at the bottom "checking C:" It was been there for a while.

more_horiz
I think it might be the Hard drive that might casuing it. Unfortunatly to test it you need to go to manufautres webiste of your hard drive and download the diagnsotic tool and run it. But since the CD ROM is not working we are out of options there. Leave that screen for a while and see if the go from there. If not use this anf boot http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd-on-usb-disk and see if you can open the command prompt. If so run the Chkdisk

Regards,
Captain MVP

It is considered

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum