WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionRandom (and always inconvenient) computer shutdowns EmptyRandom (and always inconvenient) computer shutdowns

more_horiz
Good Morning GP friends...
today's issue has re-reared it's ugly head.
a month or so ago my computer started to shut down for no apparent reason. Always automatically restarted and other than the complete annoyance, no harm; no foul. As suggested on unexpected shutdown, I updated all the Windows XP stuff.... etc. Then, one time it just completely died. Turned out to be the power supply and once that was replaced, all worked just fine... until yesterday.
Once yesterday I had the same unexpected shutdown. And then again this morning. The big difference is that the blue screen flashed quickly on startup and said something about NV4_DISP.
I'm guessing that's my nvidia driver for the 2 monitor setup i'm using.
So, question is - can up update that driver? or, am i completely going in the wrong direction??

as always... thanks in advance for your help.
buff

descriptionRandom (and always inconvenient) computer shutdowns EmptyRe: Random (and always inconvenient) computer shutdowns

more_horiz
Hello! I have reported to our fantastic Tech Staff that you need help.

Someone shall be with you shortly.

descriptionRandom (and always inconvenient) computer shutdowns EmptyRe: Random (and always inconvenient) computer shutdowns

more_horiz
Hi, you don't have to worry. Just uninstall your driver from Device Manager and install new one from NVidia website.

Check this thread for more information:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5800167_fix-nv4_disp-bluescreen.html

If you still have problems, let me know.

............................................................................................

Random (and always inconvenient) computer shutdowns V45u80

more_horiz
Well, that worked for a few days.....
and then it just crashed again.

i had just finished watching a video - which may or may not be relevant.
in the past, i crashed at random times, regardless of the process or applications that were open.

thanks in advance for any light you can shed.
buff

more_horiz
You should reinstall your Windows. Because it's Windows problem, but we mask that as driver installation. Also, when you reinstall it, install newest driver for your graphic card so you won't get same problem again.

............................................................................................

Random (and always inconvenient) computer shutdowns V45u80

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum