WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionkheddb.dll & qomnkl.dll Emptykheddb.dll & qomnkl.dll

more_horiz
Have these pop up when system boots up. Tried to find what they belong to doing a search, but find nothing at all on them.

Error Loading khebbd.dll window pops up 3 times durning boot up

Error Loading qomnkl.dll window pops up 3 times durning boot up.

OS = XP Pro SP2

Security = Microsoft Security Essentials

had some issues with a piece of malware, got rid of is, bit now these pop up.

Does not seem to be affecting system operations, all programs I use seem to be operating correctly. Just would like to have them removed and find out what they belong to.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you might be able to give.

descriptionkheddb.dll & qomnkl.dll EmptyRe: kheddb.dll & qomnkl.dll

more_horiz
Hello.

Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
kheddb.dll & qomnkl.dll DXwU4
kheddb.dll & qomnkl.dll VvYDg

descriptionkheddb.dll & qomnkl.dll Emptyyee-haw - issue resolved

more_horiz
Thanks. I fixed the issue and here is what I did. Hooray!

A couple side notes first.
I use Hi-Jack This once a month just to do a scan of the system. Once this issue came up, Hi-Jack This did not show the files attempting to load, or load. the boxes would just pop up like I stated in teh first post.

I ran OTL and viewed the logs. I could not find where either DLL was being loaded or attempting to be loaded. So for giggles I ran Hi-Jack This while the OTL was still in the OPEN State. WOW, now the files were there, 3 times each. I could not copy and paste so am typing the way they appeared the long way.

04 - HKLM\..\Run:[mlkjjjaudio] rundll32.exe "kheddb.dll:'s
04 - HKLM\..\Run:[TUVWXUAUDIO] rundll32.exe "kheddb.dll:'s
04 - HKLM\..\Run:[awturssys] rundll32.exe "qomnkl.dll:'s
04 - HKLM\..\Run:[ssqnkjsys] rundll32.exe "qomnkl.dll:'s (USER SYSTEM)
04 - HKLM\..\Run:[dddawwaudio] rundll32.exe "kheddb.dll:'s (USER SYSTEM)
04 - HKLM\..\Run:[EFFGECAUDIO] rundll32.exe "KHEDDB.dll:'s (USER SYSTEM)

Because I have not installed any type of new Audio in my system, I assumed that something tried to overtake my system, possible when in the "auto update mode". I shut the Auto Updates to manual and will do myself from now on.

Check with the Code Section on Hi-Jack This to verify what the 04 code was ( Enumeration of suspicious autoloading Registry entries ). I knew this 04 code from before, but just wanted to verify.

Checking and fixing the issue (actually deleting the entry but backing it up just in case) seemed to solve the issue of the boxes popping up.

I rebooted. Checked all the programs I use on a daily basis and then some, found no problems in running them. I figured that if there becomes a problem down the road, I will just re-install that program.

What I found to be really weird was that Hi-Jack This did not show these files before. But after running OTL and leaving it open, they showed up.

Thanks for your help. I am keeping the OTL program and will use again if needed in the future.

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

more_horiz
Hello.
That may only be a temporary fix because this looks like a vundo infection, an adware infection that can make many copies of itself.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
kheddb.dll & qomnkl.dll DXwU4
kheddb.dll & qomnkl.dll VvYDg

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum