WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCan I install .exe file from a CD/DVD or something from when Windows boots up? EmptyCan I install .exe file from a CD/DVD or something from when Windows boots up?

more_horiz
Hi there,

I have been trying to solve a problem for quite a few days now. But have not manage to solve it. A guy that was helping me on the bleepingcomputer forums told me the reason for my problem could be because my video drivers may be damaged. He told me to uninstall them, reboot the computer, and then re-install them (from the Dell website). However, when I rebooted, I could no longer start my computer up in any mode (including Safe mode - which was the only one i could boot up in before). When trying to boot up in safe mode, all i get is a black screen with Windows listing a number of drivers, with the last driver being Mup.sys. Now i can't boot up in any mode. And I think it's because Windows can't read my video drivers, because i haven't got any! I'm just wondering if there is a way i can install my video drivers from a CD / DVD or something? The video drivers file is .exe. Would i be able to burn the .exe onto a disk or something and install it from there, when windows boots up?.. like when you burn an .iso as an image to a CD so windows recognises it when booting up.. as I can't get to my desktop to do it from there!

Thanks,
Matt.

descriptionCan I install .exe file from a CD/DVD or something from when Windows boots up? EmptyRe: Can I install .exe file from a CD/DVD or something from when Windows boots up?

more_horiz
Without further info, I can only tell you to look at http://www.aitechsolutions.net/mupdotsysXPhang.html. It's pretty complete.

If you are able to try some of the possible solutions on your own, good. Otherwise, come back and ask for more specific help.

If you google mup.sys you will get a lot of results, but most of them are about particular cases which might not apply to you at all.

---

EDIT: Also, to answer the question in the title, even if you could install the files and add the registry entries manually without loading Windows, it's highly unlikely that it would solve your problem. Safe mode does not use the drivers you install, but generic ("all-proof") drivers. If you already had video problems before, then it's more likely that the issue is with the HW.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum