WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionIs my mobo, cpu or video card fried? EmptyIs my mobo, cpu or video card fried?

more_horiz
When i turn my computer on i hear nothing only fans. There is no post no video or sound. I tried running the cpu no heatsink got hot really fast guessing that works. This is a custom made computer with a 8ig1000mk motherboard. Please Help.

............................................................................................

AHHHHH MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."
Albert Einstein
Is my mobo, cpu or video card fried? D2825B02D239FAD1D8D6299084862DCF

descriptionIs my mobo, cpu or video card fried? EmptyRe: Is my mobo, cpu or video card fried?

more_horiz
The fan on the mobo works?

............................................................................................

Is my mobo, cpu or video card fried? Educat10

descriptionIs my mobo, cpu or video card fried? EmptyRe: Is my mobo, cpu or video card fried?

more_horiz
yes it does

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."
Albert Einstein

more_horiz
iS EVERYTHING PLUGGED IN CORRECTLY?

Take out the memory and plug it back in

more_horiz
yes it is

Albert Einstein

more_horiz
Hmmm...

Since the fan on the mobo is spinning, i believe the motherboard is fine.

I suspect that the memory has gone.

Try to put in the memory in another slot.

If that doesnt work, borrow a memory from a friend and try it out.

more_horiz
I did and i don't have any memory to spare but i doubt that it is the memory since i have 4 sticks of it lol.

Albert Einstein

more_horiz
it could one of the 4 sticks...

take out three and try it with one...

if that doesnt works... take out that one and put in another...

I really do suspect it's a memory stick gone bad...

more_horiz
Sorry but i give up back to school is tommorow i give

Albert Einstein

more_horiz
huh?

more_horiz
What i was saying was i am just gonna keep the computer as parts but thankyou for your help anyways

Albert Einstein

more_horiz
ok then...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum