WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSlow Intenet & OpenDNS EmptySlow Intenet & OpenDNS

more_horiz
Hey, can you plz take the time to read this.

My internet connection (dial up) is very slow. At times, it gets slower. I'm hooked up with a company called iConnect but they get the internet from Guyana Telephone and Telegraphy Company (GTT). Every internet users in Guyana connects to them. Would the amount of users interfere with my connection? Is that reason why it is sooo slow and at times get slower?

I was doing some reading on how to speed up my internet and came across something called OpenDNS. However, I was wondering if it is easy to do and would you recommend it for me. I'm not sure if many people in Guyana know about it. If i'm one of the few that use it in Guyana, would my internet be faster?

Can you plz help me?

thanx

............................................................................................

Slow Intenet & OpenDNS Educat10

descriptionSlow Intenet & OpenDNS EmptyRe: Slow Intenet & OpenDNS

more_horiz
I don't know anything about OpenDNS. More users could slow down your connection. That depends on how your ISP handles its traffic. At some point, there has to be a switch that changes your signal from a phone line to ethernet. The amount of traffic of that connection is limited to the amount of bandwidth your ISP has.

more_horiz
thanx

can someone help me out regarding OpenDNS??

............................................................................................

more_horiz
OpenDNS does help with your browser speed. But on a dial up there's not a lot you can do for speed.

http://www.opendns.com/start/

more_horiz
Can you give me a percent by how much it will increase my browser speed on dial up?

more_horiz
Don't know never used it on a dial up.

more_horiz
Ok then... thanx for your help tho

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum