WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Need help with Win32/Nuqel.E virus

3 posters

descriptionNeed help with Win32/Nuqel.E virus - Page 2 EmptyRe: Need help with Win32/Nuqel.E virus

more_horiz
ok, it's been just about 2 hours and it's not even close to halfway done.

descriptionNeed help with Win32/Nuqel.E virus - Page 2 EmptyRe: Need help with Win32/Nuqel.E virus

more_horiz
Hi.

Download the GMER Rootkit Scanner. Unzip it to your Desktop.

Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while the scan is being performed. Do not use your computer for anything else during the scan.

Double-click gmer.exe. The program will begin to run.

**Caution**
These types of scans can produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any
"<--- ROOKIT" entries unless advised!

If possible rootkit activity is found, you will be asked if you would like to perform a full scan.

• Click NO
  • In the right panel, you will see a bunch of boxes that have been checked ... leave everything checked and ensure the Show all box is un-checked.
  • Now click the Scan button.
    Once the scan is complete, you may receive another notice about rootkit activity.
  • Click OK.
  • GMER will produce a log. Click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "GMER.txt"
  • Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.

Post the contents of GMER.txt in your next reply.

............................................................................................

I'm livin' life in the fast lane.

more_horiz
I'll work on it tonight.

more_horiz
Tried to run GMER 3 times and each time it makes it through the first scan with no problem, but about 30 seconds into the 2nd scan, a message pops up saying "this program has stopped working".

I'm just about ready to drop this thing off the roof. Evil or enraged

more_horiz
I want to thank you for all the help, but I went a head and ran the recovery program and reinstalled Vista. You can close this thread.

more_horiz
Hi.

Sorry you had to re-install, but you're welcome for the help.

............................................................................................

I'm livin' life in the fast lane.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum