WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionNew Firefox beta tweaks JavaScript, gains multitouch EmptyNew Firefox beta tweaks JavaScript, gains multitouch

more_horiz
Support for multitouch on Windows 7 computers and cross-platform improvements to how the browser handles JavaScript were the biggest changes brought by Mozilla to the third beta of Firefox 4, released Wednesday. Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux, Firefox 4 beta 3 doesn't make any changes to the interface but does make some important adjustments to how the browser handles JavaScript, an essential component of modern browsers.

The new beta adjusts how C++ represents JavaScript, which will allow Firefox to run numeric-heavy code more efficiently. In a blog post announcing the new version, Firefox said the end result of this change will be more streamlined graphics in Web apps. Firefox developer Rob Sayre offers more specifics on how this change affects the development of the JaegerMonkey JavaScript engine that's meant to debut in Firefox 4.

More: http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4-20013401-12.html

............................................................................................

descriptionNew Firefox beta tweaks JavaScript, gains multitouch EmptyRe: New Firefox beta tweaks JavaScript, gains multitouch

more_horiz
For the last two days, I've been getting this error when I try to open a new tab in Firefox. Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIDOMJSWindow.setTimeout]

I've been using Firefox for about 2 years now and have never had any problems until now. The kicker is that a lot of people are getting this same error but Firefox isn't correcting it.

Anyone having the same problem?
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum